It’s time to throw out the old coffee maker and replace it with a brand spanking new one! Or maybe you’re just growing tired of having sub par coffee and now it’s time to get the best coffee machine for the office.
Whatever the reason, we have got you covered in this article where we will dissect some of the best coffee makers for offices.
So if you’re just replacing the old coffee maker or getting a new one for your new office, you’ve come to the right place.
Once we discuss the top 5 coffee makers that we recommend for a small to medium sized office, we are going to cover off some things to consider when getting a coffee maker.
Things like, the quality or quantity of coffee you need to jump start your team's mood! So let’s get right into it!
5 Best Coffee Makers for Offices !
- Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Machine, Programmable Coffee Maker with Automatic Milk Frother and 15-Bar Pump, Stainless Steel
- Braun Brew Sense Drip Coffee Maker, 12 cup, Black
- Cuisinart Coffee Maker, 14-Cup Glass Carafe, Fully Automatic for Brew Strength Control & 1-4 Cup Setting, Stainless Steel, DCC-3200P1
- Hamilton Beach 2-Way 12 Cup Programmable Drip Coffee Maker & Single Serve Machine, Glass Carafe, Auto Pause and Pour, Black (49980R)
- Keurig K-Cafe Single Serve K-Cup Coffee, Latte and Cappuccino Maker, Dark Charcoal
Top Pick: What is the Coffee Maker for an Office?
Editors Rating :
Looking for a decent all rounder coffee maker for the office? The Mr Coffee Cafe Barista is your best bet.
It makes espresso, cappuccino and lattes! Catering to most staff members needs.
Check out the price below and secure one for your office today.
Mr Coffee has brought you a popular espresso, cappuccino and latte maker that will fit into small and medium sized offices. This Amazon's Choice product is sure to not disappoint!
Read our brief Mr Coffee Cafe barista review below where we break down the features, what we liked and don't like about this cool machine.
#1 - Mr Coffee Cafe Barista
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew.
- 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- Semi-automatic 3-in-1 espresso, cappuccino and latte maker
Mr Coffee has developed this amazing semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino and latte maker that is sure to please the office masses! With a selection of various drinks you're sure to be the king (or queen) of the office when you surprise your staff with this machine.
Packed with a 15 bar pump system the machine is capable of brewing only the most richest tasting espresso coffee you're taste buds have ever encounted.
It even has a built in automatic milk frother which removes any guesswork from brewing up the perfect latte. Standing tall at 12.6" x 8.9" wide and 11.2" deep, this will fit perfect in any office kitchen.
What we liked about this coffee maker was that it is probably the most affordable semi automatic coffee maker on the market, that delivers top notch espresso drinks.
Our dislikes was that we like to have full autonomy for being able to control the froth of the milk when it comes to making milk based drinks. Besides that it doesn't accommodate taller cups, which can be a shame if you're wanting an large Americano drink.
This feature is more standard across higher priced machines, so that is something to think about if you have some latte art experts in the office.
#2 - Braun KF7150BK 4 Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- Item Package Dimension: 15.4L x 9.9W x 9.8H inches
- Item Package Weight - 8 Pounds
- Item Package Quantity - 1
- Product Type - COFFEE MAKER
If you don't have any espresso, latte or cappuccino lovers in the office and all you want is some good old fashioned drip coffee, then the Braun KF7150BK 4 cup drip coffee maker is for all the small offices out there.
With this coffee maker you will be brewing some pure consistent great tasting coffee to the very last drop. Packed with a fully programmable 24 hour clock, that has an auto on and off feature, you'll be making 1 to 4 cups of coffee in no time.
The coffee maker itself has a bold strength selector, which allows you to enjoy your coffee plain old regular or extremely bold! Perfect for those that like a bit of kick in their morning coffee.
What we liked about this coffee maker was that it was the perfect size for a small team of about 4 people. It's definitely on the smaller side, but there are offices with just a few people in them and that's why we've included this here.
Besides that the auto on and off feature is perfect for setting your coffee to brew at a certain time. Imagine coming in at 8am and your coffee is already prepared!! Simply set it the previous day and you'll have coffee the next day ready to start your day.
Our only dislike is that it came with a glass carafe, which is not good for retaining the coffee temperature.
#3 - Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 14 Cup Coffee Maker
- Enjoy Hotter Coffee: Utilize expert coffee-making technology to ensure your coffee temperature is perfect, delivering a delightful taste experience without compromising flavor or quality.
- Brew Strength Control: Tailor your coffee flavor to perfection by choosing between regular or bold settings, catering to your unique taste preferences with every brew.
- Fully Automatic Coffee Brewer: Experience convenience with 24-hour programmability, offering flexibility with 1-4 cup settings, auto-off functionality (0-4 hours), and an optional ready alert tone for added convenience.
- 14-Cup Glass Carafe: Indulge in generous servings of coffee with a sleek glass carafe featuring a decorative stainless-steel handle and matching body, creating a stylish addition to complement your kitchen appliances
Not convinced by the Braun coffee maker or is your office size a little bit bigger? No problem, this coffee maker by Cuisinart is large enough to accommodate a slightly larger office by producing a generous 14 cups.
If 14 cups is not enough, consider getting more than 1 of these amazing coffee makers so that you can brew just the right amount for your team. On the other hand if 14 cups is to much, you can simply just brew from 1 to 4 cups in a single session.
The DCC-3200P1 perfecttemp coffee maker uses state-of-the-art technology which keeps your coffee hotter for longer without sacrificing flavor or quality.
What we liked about this machine was the ability to choose how many cups you can brew, instead of 14 cups in one go. This can often lead to waste of coffee grounds if someone only wants to brew 2 cups.
The biggest dislike we had about this machine was the claims it made to keep coffee hot for longer. Sure, it has the technology to do this, but a microwave can also heat your coffee up too!
The problem with it is that this can lead to over extraction in the brew, and lead to poorly tasting coffee. If you like the machine consider getting it and having a thermal carafe instead of the glass.
#4 - Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Coffee Maker
- 2 WAYS TO BREW:SINGLE CUP OR FULL POT. Brew a single-serve cup or a full pot of coffee with your favorite ground coffee. Whichever way you brew, the Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker makes it easy to do both. Not compatible with K-Cup* pods.Filter type:Reusable
- EASY TO USE. With the included mesh scoop, adding your favorite ground coffee to brew a cup of coffee couldn’t be easier: just scoop, place and brew. There's no need to use a separate scoop or measure coffee before brewing. Control panel and display, with an hour and minute buttons to program the brewing time up to 24 hours beforehand
- SIMPLE SINGLE-CUP BREWING — DOESN'T USE K-CUP* PODS. Brew a cup for one using loose ground coffee (not compatible with K-Cup pods). With the included mesh scoop, adding your favorite ground coffee couldn’t be easier: just scoop, place and brew.
- PEACE OF MIND WITH 2 HOUR AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF. How many times have you walked out the door, only to wonder: did I turn the coffee maker off? Now there's no worry or turning around to check, since the coffee maker turns off automatically after 2 hours.
Hamilton beach have a trendy little 12 cup coffee maker, which has a separate brewer to serve a take out coffee that can go in a travel mug.
This coffee maker also has a fully programmable function that allows you to program it for a wake-up ready coffee. Another perk of this feature is having you coffee brewed when you get in the office.
What we liked about this coffee maker, compared to the Cuisinart coffee maker was that it had a handy separate brewer. Now that may seem like an unnecessary feature, it is actually a really useful one if you work in an role that constantly requires you to go to meetings.
The only dislike we have about the machine was that we found the brewing of single cups far slower than the normal brewer. So despite having this nice little addition, it wasn't brewing coffee in a timely fashion. So that is something to think about when getting this machine.
#5 - Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Keurig K-Cafe coffee, latte, and cappuccino maker, and dishwasher safe frother..Cord Length : 30.0”..Digital Clock : No. Display Screen : No.
- COFFEE, LATTES & CAPPUCCINOS: Use any K-Cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos. Press the SHOT button to brew a concentrated shot of coffee from your favorite K-Cup pod to make delicious hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.
- DISHWASHER SAFE FROTHER: Froth fresh milk, including skim, soy, and almond. The frother is dishwasher safe for easy clean up after use and also features a COLD setting for cold frothed milk.
- STRONG BREW: Increase the strength and bold taste of your coffee.
Last but not least another one of the best coffee makers for offices has to be this Keurig K-Cafe Coffee maker. It's capable of brewing coffee, lattes and cappuccinos and uses any k-cup pods to brew coffee.
It has a very large 60 fluid ounce water reservoir allows you to brew 6 cups of coffee before having to refill the reservoir. The machine is programmable and switches off automatically after two hours of no use.
What we liked about this machine was that straight out of the box it was incredibly easy to setup and use! Which makes it perfect for staff members who just want to get their coffee fix very quickly.
Our biggest dislike with the machine is that we didn't like the feel of it, it was made of plastic and the plastic felt a bit too flimsy for the price tag.
What type of Coffee Maker is Suitable for the Office?
With the 5 best coffee makers for offices aside, you’re probably wondering which one will be suitable for your office.
But before we get into the things you need to consider when getting a coffee maker for the office, there are a couple of aspects you need to be aware about.
After all, there are literally so many different types of coffee makers to consider and we dissect some of them below for you.
Types of Coffee Machine
There are several different coffee machines on the market, and most importantly what varies amongst them is the type of brewing method it uses or whether it takes grounds, beans or pods.
When looking for a coffee machine for the office you will need to consider what type of coffee machine is best suited for the workplace.Is it a small team of 4 or a slightly larger medium sized office of about 20. If you need something that is more robust than the 5 we listed, then you’ll need to browse some super automatic coffee machines we’ve already talked about here: best coffee maker for larger offices
You’ve most likely heard of Pod machines like Nespresso or Keurig K cup machines. Yep, these are literally coffee machines that take pods.
The best part about these machines is that they make coffee very easily. Simply pop in the pod and press the brew button.
Pod machines come in a variety of different brands and some brands don’t allow cross mixing of the pods, since the pods are designed for the machine at mind.
For example, if you get a Nespresso machine then it can only take Nespresso pods and won’t accept Dolce Gusto pods or K-cup pods. This is because the pods are designed differently between the brands.
The main reason they are designed differently is because of the technology the machine uses to brew the coffee.
So if you go for a pod machine, be sure to keep this in mind.
Espresso machines are amazing, and often espresso can taste way better than a regular drip coffee maker.
These machines can really extract the flavor out of freshly ground beans, so if you see a pack that says hints of cinnamon then you’ll most likely taste or smell these notes.
We’ve got a semi automatic espresso machine, which uses a pump to create the pressure required to deliver amazing tasting espresso. These types of machines are good for small to medium offices.
However if you have a larger office, you may want to consider an automatic espresso machine. These ones take the hassle out of preparing the grind yourself! Perfect if your staff have little to no experience with espresso machines.
Drip Coffee Makers
The classic drip coffee maker! These machines work by often using coffee grounds, placed in a coffee filter or filter basket.
A shower head sprays water over the grounds, and blooms the coffee, in which it drips to a glass or thermal carafe below it.
Drip coffee makers are also called, pour over coffee makers, and come in a variety of styles and shapes. From manual pour over to automatic pour over makers.
If you’re looking for a set and forget traditional coffee maker, then a pour over (drip coffee) maker is perfect for offices of any size.
We’ve been in offices that actually have both a drip coffee maker and also an espresso machine. So if you have a larger office, consider having both as an option because oftentimes people will like espresso more so than pour over coffee or vice versa.
Things to Consider When Buying a Coffee Maker for the Office
Now that you’re educated (or already was) about the different types of coffee machines there are, you’re on your way to making sure you get the right one.
We remember when we got our first coffee maker for the office, we just actually selected it based on the fact that it was a brand we knew well.
The downside of that is we missed out on some very important things to consider when getting a coffee maker, such as how easy it was to clean, the quality of coffee it produced and much much more.
So let’s dive into some important aspects to consider when getting a new best coffee makers for offices.
Ease of Cleaning and Maintenance
A task that not many people like to do in offices, is cleaning! Whether it’s the dishes they just used or cleaning the coffee machine, not many people like doing it.
That’s why we recommend coffee machines that are hassle free to clean. This means if it has the least parts, it will often be the easiest.
The super automatic coffee maker we have, typically requires someone to clean the catch try every two days. This involves removing it, emptying the milky watery mixture and giving it a scrub. It takes roughly about 5 to 10 minutes to clean, which is not bad.
Other coffee machines like Pod coffee makers and other espresso machines also have the same sort of system, a drip tray that needs to be cleaned every second day and also possibly a steam wand.
The steam wand requires a wipe down after every use and a thorough clean every 1 month ( to remove calcium build up).
Drip coffee makers probably need the least amount of cleaning and maintenance, as all you need to do is clear any coffee in the glass/thermal carafe, pop it in the dishwasher and boom you’re done.
Having a coffee maker that is easy to use is a huge benefit to many offices. For starters if it is easy to use, you’ll be saving yourself countless minutes from trying to initially learn how to use it.
However, with that said it’s normally only the first few days that are the hardest with machines that have a bit of buttons to it. After that, most staff members will be professional baristas within a week, and from there onto making latte art for your clients.
As mentioned before different machines have different brewing technologies. It’s the technology in the machine, coupled with the quality of beans that often lead to some great tasting coffee.
The user making errors along the way in a high quality machine does not lead to much variance in the taste. However a professional user still can’t make the best tasting coffee in a low quality coffee machine.
So when looking at getting the best coffee makers for offices, do consider quality! Often, cheaper machines will sometimes tend to make terrible tasting coffee.
There can be several factors when it comes to running your coffee machine in the office. The most costly of them all is having beans, grounds or pods, which often get used quite quickly when having a coffee machine in the office.
Other running costs consist of getting descaling solution which is used to remove hard water build up in every coffee maker.
Replacement water filters in some advanced coffee machines, like super automatic and automatic machines.
The later running costs really depends on the frequency of use of the coffee machine, and in our office we are replacing the filter every 3 months and descaling the machine every 4-6 weeks.
So there you have it, the 5 best coffee makers for offices that every office needs to consider when replacing or getting a new one.
Our top pick has to be the Mr. Coffee barista coffee maker, which is an espresso machine that can also make regular coffee and milk based drinks such as cappuccino or lattes.
It is a really affordable option and is perfect for offices up to 20 staff members! If we missed anything in this article feel free to reach out to us so that we can include your suggestions and comments.