Delonghi has been around for ages, literally ages! And it’s been founded on quality and built an outstanding reputation over time. They are remarkably known for having some really well made kitchen appliances, in particular espresso machines.
So you want to know what the best delonghi espresso machine for your home is, well then you’ve come to the right place. Obviously, you and I know that delonghi spells quality.
If you’re sick and tired of your espresso machine not really performing to the standards you want, then you need to ditch it and opt for an intelligent machine built with state of the art components and with precision in mind.
In this post I’m going to cover some top delonghi espresso machines that you can use to make espresso and also a few others that have a bit more oomph to them.
So let’s jump straight into this post and start with an overview of the top 6 delonghi espresso machines, then following that a summary of each, and after that the ultimate buyers guide for a delonghi espresso machine.
An Overview of Our Top 6 Picks for Combination Coffee/Espresso Machines
- De'Longhi EC155 15 Bar Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker,Black
- De'Longhi ECP3120 15 Bar Espresso Machine with Advanced Cappuccino System, 9.6 x 7.2 x 11.9 Inches, Black/Stainless Steel
- De'Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso & Coffee Machine
- Delonghi EC680M Dedica 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine, Stainless Steel
- DeLonghi BCO430 Combination Pump Espresso and 10-Cup Drip Coffee Machine with Frothing Wand, Silver and Black
- De'Longhi La Specialista Espresso Machine with Sensor Grinder, Dual Heating System, Advanced Latte System & Hot Water Spout for Americano Coffee or Tea, Stainless Steel, EC9335M
Top Pick: Best Delonghi Espresso Machine is the Delonghi EC155 Espresso Maker
Editors Rating :
This flavor sells fast and is one of the popular products by Volcanica.
The flavor delivers a sweet, smooth and very rich flavor of real vanilla which is great for the perfect cup.
One of the best delonghi espresso machines and latte makers has to be the delonghi EC155 15 bar pump espresso maker.
Although not an amazon choice product, this espresso maker is packed with some really cool features. It allows you to enjoy delicious espresso for years to come, not only that it includes a steam wand which doubles as a latte and cappuccino maker.
This machine is ideal for busy office workers who need a quick pick me up before heading to work, small families and individuals looking to make the most out of an espresso machine.
Although it doesn't have a bean grinder, which would have made for the perfect espresso, you could definitely add one on the side of this machine. Other than that, you could also use ground coffee or convenient pods.
#1 - Delonghi EC155 15 Bar Pump Espresso Maker
- Easily prepares latte and cappuccino with the swivel jet frother, for perfect drinks every time. Rated voltage/Frequency (V-Hz)-120-60
- Eliminate annoying start-up preparation with the self-priming operation. On/off switch
- Always brew espresso at the perfect temperature with two separate thermostats, which allow for water and steam pressure to be controlled separately
- Enjoy delicious espresso for years to come with the durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler and 15 bar pump pressure. Note: Refer user manual before use. Maximum cup height: 66 centimeter
The best delonghi espresso machine has to be the De'Longhi EC155 is one of the most inexpensive machines that will make decent espressso quite easily! Unlike a Keurig or Nespresso machine, where you put a pod in and hit "go", you have to ensure you have the right settings.
A water tank is neatly situated within the rear of the machine and holds about 33 ounces of water and is removable for easy cleaning.
It's definitely a good espresso machine that is well worth it for the cost, but it does lack a built in grinder. So that means you'll either have to get a decent burr grinder or just purchase ground coffee.
Besides making espresso, it can also make cappuccino and lattes as it does have a built in steam wand, for steaming milk.
I really like this machine, it honestly provides a lot of oomph and can make seriously good espresso after getting the hang of it. Not only that I think it is affordable for most families or individuals wanting to experience the espresso world.
#2 - 15 Bar ECP3120 Delonghi Espresso Machine
- Every cup to your liking 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your personal taste preferences
- Brew like a pro Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffeehouse
- Your foam, your way a manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them
- One espresso shot or two? The three-in-one filter holder, included with the unit, has a holder for one espresso shot, a holder for two shots, and one for an easy-serve espresso pod – whatever your preference
This would have been number one, but it is a tad bit more expensive for most people looking to get into making espresso and want a quick fix.
However, if you budget allows then this Amazon choice delonghi ecp3120 is your next best bet at having delicious espresso.
The machine uses an advanced system to help maintain the optimal temperature, meaning you can brew espresso much faster than the EC155 espresso machine.
Not only that, it is built more taller allowing you to use taller cups, perfect if you want a lungo espresso or americano coffee.
It also has a milk frother for foaming milk, it is manual however but don't let that through you off from making other drinks such as lattes or cappucinos.
What I really liked about this machine is the ability to make really good espresso, call it a cuban coffee maker if you must!
The only downside I have about this machine is that it is hard to see if the water reservoir is empty or not, so be sure to check it before brewing so that you don't damage the machine.
#3 - ESAM3300 Super Automatic Espresso Machine by Delonghi
- Patented "Cappuccino system" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8 ounces. Coffee grounds container- 14 cups or after 72 hours from first use. Maximum cup height- 4.25 inches. Input power - 1350 watts
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented, compact and easy-to-clean "Direct-to-Brew" system. Use your favorite coffee beans to create your perfect espresso. Beans with less visible oil, usually a medium roast, are recommended for best grinder performance
- Maintenance: De’Longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly. The machine does not deliver coffee, but only water is caused due to ground coffee may be blocked in the funnel. Remove the ground coffee inside the funnel, using a plastic knife. Then clean the infuser and the inside of the machine. If machine is noisy refer manual; Energy saving: With 3 hour automatic shut off
The De'Longhi ESAM3300 is a really good alternative espresso and coffee machine compared to the Breville machine. Fresh whole beans can be added to the machine as it has a built in stainless steel burr grinder. Which will grind your beans for your espresso.
What I really liked about this machine is that it also had an option to add pre-ground coffee into the machine, which is good because you can have decaffeinated coffee in one holder and a bean of your choice in the other.
Unfortunately, the biggest downfall of this machine was that it didn't have a built in steam wand but it did have a milk frother which was a bonus.
It can make espresso, cappuccino, lattes, also pour hot water and make americano's as well. Since the machine holds the grounds, and doesn't use a portafilter, the extraction process is slightly different.
I have heard of friends that say if you're trying to enjoy different specialty beans, the flavors are not well extracted. I guess that is the downside of a machine doing everything for you.
#4 - Delonghi EC680M Dedica Espresso Machine
- Brew like a pro: Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffee house.
- Your foam, your way: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them. Input power (W): 1300
- One espresso shot or two? The three-in-one filter holder, included with the unit, has a holder for one espresso shot, a holder for two shots, and one for an easy-serve espresso pod – whatever your preference.
- Accommodates taller cups: If you’d prefer a larger size beverage, no problem. The bottom tray of the unit is easy to adjust or remove to fit taller cups. Removable water reservoir is available
Next we have the Delonghi EC680M dedica espresso machine, which allows you to brew espresso like a pro. The machine has the capability of brewing single or double espresso, cappuccino or lattes with barista quality.
Another machine that allows you to use taller cups, so definitely suits people who like having taller espressos. It also includes a milk frother, allowing you to make other milk based drinks as well.
This machine is more tall and slender compared to the previous, and suits any kitchen due to its unique design. What I liked about this machine is the design, it makes just as good as espresso compared to the first two options but with a slightly higher price tag.
There has been complaints about the quality though, people often seeing the button jamming, so get this one with caution as you'll be spending more on a machine that effectively does the same job as other delonghi ones for cheaper costs.
#5 - Delonghi BCO430 Combination Pump Espresso and Coffee Maker
- Front loading coffee maker. Input power (W): 1500
- Removable 40 ounce water reservoir for easy filling
- 24 hour programmable timer. Pump pressure (bar): 15
- Gold tone filter included
If you're looking for the best delonghi espresso machine with a built in coffee maker, then you need to check this one out! This one machine does it all, makes espresso's, lattes, cappuccino's and also brews delicious coffee.
The machine includes a built in pour over coffee maker, allowing you to place coffee grounds and enjoy traditional pour over coffee, if you're ever feeling bored from espresso or lattes.
Despite the price tag, my favorite feature of this machine is having a dual combo! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love espresso but sometimes a person needs a change (my other option at home is a french press coffee maker).
The only downside I have about this machine is that it does not have a built in bean grinder, which would have been great as you'd be able to grind your own beans for whatever you wish.
#6- La Specialista Espresso Machine EC9335M with Sensor by Delonghi
- Sensor grinding technology: Exclusive sensing technology delivers precise, consistent grinding and the optimal dose for espresso, every time. Plus, the bean sensor ensures you’ll never run out of beans while grinding.
- The smart tamping station: Simply pull the lever to tamp the ground coffee with the right pressure for perfect results. There’s no need to remove the porta-filter, so you get to enjoy a mess-free experience.
- Active temperature control with dual heating system: The best temperature stability for optimal coffee extraction and milk texturing. La Specialista is equipped with two independent heating systems. One thermoblock for extracting coffee and an independent heating system for steaming milk or frothing ensures immediate beverage preparation
- Advanced latte system: Choose your style of froth: Micro-foam frothing for Latte Art or rich froth for cappuccino. Just place your cup under the spout and select flat or foam. Once it’s finished, you can enjoy your flat hot milk, or the perfect foam to express your latte art creativity.
Last but not least is the La Specialista Delonghi Espresso machine EC9335M, which can make latte's, cappuccino's, espresso and also spout hot water for tea.
If your budget allows for a machine like this, then I recommend it. It has a built in bean grinder, which allows you to grind your own beans to whatever setting you want, not only that there is also a built in tamper station.
Basically this will eliminate all the mess a coffee machine makes when grinding beans, which I think is a huge benefit to keeping your kitchen top looking spotless.
The advanced latte system allows you to choose your own froth style, where you can select micro foam for latte art or just a rich froth for a cappuccino.
This machine is an all rounder, and requires a bit of skill (or at least some practice) to get the hang of it! I have a similar coffee machine but by Breville, and it really has paid for itself since I barely go to cafe's now.
Ultimate Buyers Guide to the Best Delonghi Espresso Machine
Now that we’ve covered some of the best delonghi espresso machine it’s only fair that we finish off with the things you need to consider when buying an espresso machine.
Definitely don’t skip this section, as all machines are built differently. Heck, if you are tossing up between a delonghi or a breville espresso machine, then still this section can apply and help you find a really good espresso machine.
So take every word below on board, and it can really go a long way at helping you out.
Overall Lifespan: How long do espresso machines last
You can expect your espresso machine to last around 10 years, which is a really long time. Keep in mind that this is the average expectancy of a machine that undergoes some maintenance throughout its life.
Machine parts that are regularly used, will tend to wear out over time, so as long as you take care of it, descale it, clean out the parts then you can expect to have it last that long.
Other things that help with lifespan is having a quality machine, these are espresso machines built with quality parts and components like delonghi use in all of their appliances.
Besides that you do get a 1 year warranty on parts with nearly all delonghi machines, be sure to check the model in case you get longer than this.
Having a Built in Coffee Grinder is a Pro
Does an espresso machine need a built in coffee grinder? This is really a personal preference, I know that a lot of cost effective espresso machines don’t have them built in.
A built in coffee grinder is really a must have as you’ll be able to grind beans freshly, which can lead to having some really good espresso coffee.
If you do buy a delonghi espresso machine without a grinder, then you need to get a quality burr grinder.
Burr grinders are much better than blade grinders, as they can grind the coffee beans with uniformity and consistency, perfect for a good espresso brew.
Consider getting a machine with a steam wand
Steam wands are the little nozzles attached to the espresso machine. Having one built in means you can not only have espresso, but also make some really nice milk based drinks like lattes or cappuccinos.
Steam wands come in a variety of machines, some of digital displays to control them and some have nozzles to adjust the froth and temperature of the milk.
If you’re into having lattes or cappuccinos every now and then, or someone in the family does, consider getting a good delonghi machine that has a steam wand.
What about overall maintenance of the espresso machine?
Many espresso machines have a way of cleaning them, it is usually found in the manuals or the machine has digital displays that tell you when it is time to change the water filter.
Other maintenance may include servicing the machine, since delonghi has been around for a very long time there are many reputable service providers who can fix the machine if anything goes wrong.
Taking care of your machine during the lifespan of it will prolong its life expectancy, so treat it with care and it will last a while.
Consider how difficult it is to clean an espresso machine!
Espresso machines are often very easy to clean and again most come with instructions on how to clean them.
Cleaning them usually involves cleaning the steam wand, changing out the water filter (if the machine uses one), removing the filter in the portafilter and giving it a wash.
Regular cleaning should be done every second week or so, and a general wipe down and emptying of the drip tray every second day (depending on the use).
Those parts need a bit more cleaning than usual because they get dirty almost upon every use of the machine.
What beans are good for espresso
Medium roasted beans are typically really well for espresso, and often leads to having an amazing brew.
However you’re welcome to try whatever your palette is accompanied to, and possibly you like some good flavored espresso coffee in the morning.
I prefer having a medium roast, freshly ground with a fine consistency, and I often go for caramel or smooth chocolate notes.
With espresso coffee, you’ll be able to really taste these flavors because of the extraction process during brewing.
how to descale delonghi coffee machine
To descale a delonghi machine, simply follow the instructions below:
- Empty the water tank.
- Place 3.4 fluid oz of descaling fluid into the machine.
- Fill the water tank with freshwater, to about full capacity.
- Place the tank back into the machine
- Place a large container on top of the drop tray
- Press coffee/hot water and let the machine run
- After 10 seconds turn the steam dial to “on”, the solution will flush through the steam wand.
- After another 10 seconds, turn the steam wand dial to “off”
- Rest the machine for 15 minutes
- Continue the process until the water tank is empty
These steps are really for simple delonghi machines like the EC155 bar pump machine, other automatic or super automatic machines tend to have a preprogrammed setting on them.
This effectively cleans the machine on auto pilot without following all the steps above. You can get the delonghi descaling solution below:
That’s really it to this article for the best delonghi espresso machine. I hope I covered enough for you to go and purchase a really good espresso machine that will last you for a few years.
To summarise, my top pick is the delonghi EC155 15 bar pump espresso machine. This machine is one that is perfect for every home looking to add an espresso machine, it is probably also the most affordable.
With a built in steam wand, it not only makes espresso but can make a decent latte or cappuccino as well.