If you love Hazelnut flavored coffee but you’re not too fond of putting, artificial sweetened flavors in your cup of coffee then you’re doing it wrong!
Not a lot of people know that you can actually get flavored coffee that has been infused with a variety of flavors, and today we’ll be talking about the best hazelnut coffee for a seriously awesome brew.
But you probably have a few questions about hazelnut coffee, like how is it made? Does it contain calories or how does it actually taste compared to creamer!Don’t worry, we have you covered in this ultimate article on hazelnut flavoring in coffee, whether it’s coffee grounds or coffee beans.
At a Glance of Best Hazelnut Coffee Beans
- Lifeboost Hazelnut Medium Roast Coffee Beans
- Volcanica Hazelnut Flavored Coffee
- Seattle's Best Coffee Toasted Hazelnut Flavored Medium Roast Ground Coffee, 12 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- Cameron's Coffee Roasted Ground Coffee Bag, Flavored, Vanilla Hazelnut, 32 Ounce
- Don Francisco's Hawaiian Hazelnut Flavored Ground Coffee (3 x 12 oz Cans)
- San Francisco Bay Whole Bean Coffee - Hazelnut Crème (2lb Bag), Flavored, Medium Roast
Top Pick: Best Hazelnut Coffee
Editors Rating :
If you're looking for a seriously creamy and buttery hazelnut that is a naturally flavored hazelnut coffee bean, then Lifeboost hazelnut medium roast coffee beans are for you.
Check out their latest price by clicking the button below or read our lifeboost coffee review below!
#1 - Lifeboost Hazelnut Medium Roast Coffee Beans
The most underrated and best hazelnut coffee has to be by Lifeboost. These fairly traded organic coffee beans are medium roasted to perfection and is filled full of sweet alluring hazelnut flavoring! The aroma is unprecedented and will take you back to your childhood.
What we loved about these beans was that they were rich in flavor and extremely creamy, and the best part was that it is sugar free! So if you're looking for a smooth low acid hazelnut coffee bean, you need to try these Lifeboost coffee beans.
If you're after natural hazelnut coffee then these hazelnut flavored coffee beans are a must have! Buy your hazelnut coffee beans by clicking the button above.
#2 - Volcanica Hazelnut Flavored Coffee
Our next top hazelnut flavored coffee are these hazelnut coffee beans by Volcanica. This is another good flavored coffee that is very aromatic with sweet and nutty overtones and a smooth, but long lasting, creamy flavor.
Volcanica take the time to hand roast these beans in a medium roast coffee bean which is perfect for a cold brew, french press or using an espresso machine.
We found that true flavors were unlocked by freshly grinding our coffee beans at the time of our brew.
#3 - Seattle’s Best Coffee Toasted Hazelnut Flavored Medium Roast
- Seattle's Best Coffee has a new look but the same premium beans, specially roasted for a smooth taste
- Our Toasted Hazelnut Flavored Coffee is sweetly aromatic with nutty notes of roasted hazelnut
- Our recommendation for a great cup of Seattle’s Best Coffee is 1 tbsp (5 gram) of ground coffee for every 6 fluid ounce (180 milliliter) of water
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
This toasted hazelnut flavored coffee by seattles best coffee is another one that can please the pallate of hazelnut flavored coffee lovers.
If you're after flavored coffee grounds that are ready to be used in a french press, cold-brew or pour over coffee then these are good to go.
These are ground from premium arabica coffee beans that go down smoothly! With not so much overpowering of an overpowering aromatic scent, these flavored coffee grounds do justice with their nutty notes of toasted hazelnut.
What we really enjoyed about these grounds was that the flavor was enhanced when we added a little cream and pinch of stevia (for a sugar free flavored coffee). It goes down smoothly, and is not as bitter as we thought.
#4 - Cameron’s Vanilla Hazelnut Flavored Coffee
- UNIQUELY HANDCRAFTED COFFEE: One, 32 ounce bag of Cameron's Vanilla Hazelnut Blend. We craft Cameron's Coffee to be the smoothest, most flavorful coffee possible. Our coffee is sustainable, hand-crafted, and small-batch roasted.
- RICH AND FLAVORFUL: Premium Arabica beans mixed with rich vanilla and zesty hazelnuts. This is no plain vanilla coffee.
- ALWAYS SMOOTH, NEVER BITTER: We choose only the top 10% of Arabica coffee beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Brew a smooth, full-flavor coffee experience every time. Never over-roasted.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED: From roasting in small batches to reducing water consumption, Cameron’s Coffee is committed to making every day brighter. Creating positive change mean caring about our coffee, farmers, and the environment.
Cameron's vanilla hazelnut roasted ground coffee is another notable flavored coffee. Although not purely hazelnut coffee, we did enjoy hints of vanilla that accompanied the nutty flavor we got from this hazelnut coffee.
This hazelnut coffee blend was very smooth and full bodied when we tried it with a french press brew and to top it off the full flavor was experience without any hint of bitterness.
We absolutely love the taste of this vanilla hazelnut coffee and it was one of our favorites, but not as good as the Lifeboost hazelnut flavored coffee.
#5 - Don Francisco’s Hawaiian Hazelnut Flavored Coffee
- RICH HAZELNUT AROMA with a coconut flavor reminiscent of the islands, this blend of premium arabica coffees brings you an enchanting cup; Does not contain Hawaiian-grown coffees; Natural and artificially flavored.
- OUR STEEL CANS protect the freshness and aroma of our coffee; they’re recyclable for the preservation of our planet.
- QUALITY IN EVERY CUP: Feel good about putting our 100% Arabica coffee into your coffee maker, knowing it’s blended, roasted and packed right here in the US.
- SUSTAINABLY MINDED: Coffee Driven: Don Francisco's Coffee is committed to providing premium coffee with a greener footprint and promoting sustainable practices.
Don Franciscos hawaiian hazelnut flavored coffee is the another best hazelnut coffee! Coming in a seriously good medium roast ground coffee, these flavored coffee beans are perfect for your next cold brew, french press or pour over coffee.
Being very rich in flavor and aroma, this ground coffee did not disappoint! Our biggest like about this flavored coffee was that it had hints of coconut, that added a kick to the nutty hazelnut flavor.
If you love hazelnut coffee then you'll fall in love with this flavored coffee brand, but be warned! Once you try it you'll be addicted.
However, not on the top of our best flavored hazelnut coffee due to the inconsistency we experienced in flavor with each brew.
#6 - San Francisco Bay Hazelnut Flavored Coffee Beans
- Hazelnut Creme is our ideal flavored coffee. Enjoy fragrant hazelnut, rich flavor and a hint of sweetness in your coffee cup.
- FOR FINEST TASTE: Store in a cool, dark place and grind beans just berfore brewing
- QUALITY COFFEE: San Francisco Bay Coffee uses only 100% arabica coffee and certified Kosher coffee beans. Hand picked and grown in high altitude. We're so confident you'll love it.
- SUSTAINABLY AND ECO- FARMED COFFEE: We offer a wide selection of sustainably grown, sourced, and packaged coffee from whole bean to ground, flavored to decaf, and much more.
Have a love for light roast coffee and also hazelnut flavor? Then why not try these flavored coffee beans by San Francisco bay!
This flavored coffee was attractive on so many levels, the hazelnut coffee blend was rather natural and nutty! What we'd expect from a hazelnut coffee. To top it off, we experienced tasting notes of vanilla cream with hints of captivating sweetness.
The flavor went down smoothly, with a nutty finish! Another top hazelnut coffee brand that we'd recommend, but still not our top pick.
Hazelnut Coffee Facts for the True Hazelnut Lover
Now that we’ve covered the top selection of the best hazelnut coffee around, you need to know a little bit more about hazelnut flavored coffee.
A lot of the time when we mention flavored coffee, there is a misconception that it’s actually adding a flavored sweetener to your beverage.Well, that’s what we want to bust by offering you this full-blown hazelnut flavoring guide!
The Origins of Hazelnut Flavoring
Hazelnut’s are produced from a Hazel tree, and are used in baking and many desserts, and the flavor one experiences when having hazelnuts is a toasted nutty flavor with a long-lasting taste.
Many foods mimic this scent in order to have people experience these flavors and aromas without actually having the nuts themselves.
When it comes to coffee, there are two ways hazelnut flavored coffee beans or grounds are made. With both of these ways, both generally taste the same
So what is the real difference between a food flavor extract and a flavor concentrate (or artificial flavoring), let’s find out below.
Generally speaking, hazelnut flavored coffee beans are typically coated with a flavoring oil after the roasting process.
The oils are infused into the beans with a food flavor extract, which will be of the flavor you want to achieve.
One of the best aspects of this method of flavoring is that it is sugar-free, and you’ll only be tasting the extract flavoring.
Artificial flavoring is another way of making flavored coffee, and the flavor is often achieved by adding sweeteners or creamers to your ordinary coffee.
There are a lot of artificial flavors available to enhance a black coffee, but you should take note of the packaging whether this is sugar-free or not.
Often times, artificial flavoring is calorie-dense and doesn’t appeal to many people that are on fad diets.
How is Hazelnut Flavored Coffee Actually Made!
First, an extract is made from the raw hazelnut itself, these nuts are toasted in an oven for 10 minutes until they are fragrant.
After that, the nuts are typically soaked in an alcohol solution for about 3-4 weeks or until the flavor has been infused.
Once you have your hazelnut extract, this solution is added to coffee beans that are low in acidity and bitterness, so that they can absorb the flavoring.The end result is a hazelnut flavored coffee bean and to get hazelnut flavored coffee grounds, you’d simply use a burr grinder and ground up the coffee beans as required.
Hazelnut Coffee Facts
Having hazelnut for coffee is a delicacy that a lot of people will enjoy! However, you may be slightly on the fence as to whether you want to experience hazelnut flavored coffee.
Let us reassure you, that hazelnut coffee is one of the best flavors you can have in your coffee and you can have it in many ways. Be it french press hazelnut coffee, espresso hazelnut coffee, or even cold brew hazelnut coffee you’ll love it all.
So let’s cover off some questions that are frequent that many people want to know the answer to.
What is Hazelnut Coffee?
Hazelnut coffee is a flavored coffee with an alluring nutty taste to it with a subtle sweetness that is sure to swing any coffee aficionado.
It is made by mixing natural or synthetic hazelnut flavoring oils to a bitter coffee bean, mixed well, and laid to rest.
Once the beans are well coated, they absorb this hazelnut flavor and the end result is a hazelnut flavored coffee we all love and enjoy.
What is the Best Hazelnut Coffee?
We covered a selection of hazelnut coffee beans and ground coffee, but nothing comes close to the experience we had when tasting Lifeboost hazelnut flavored coffee beans.The taste of these was alluring and natural, without a bewildering sweetness to them! Another aspiring note that the best hazelnut coffee beans had was that they were organically sourced, which won extra brownie points in this selection.
Is there Real Hazelnuts in Hazelnut Coffee?
Unfortunately, there are no real hazelnuts in hazelnut flavored coffee! What you are experience is the toasted hazelnut flavor, that one would get if they had real hazelnuts.
The idea is to simulate this flavor, but by not having the actual waxy texture you’d experience when eating hazelnuts on their own.
Hazelnut flavored coffee is a delicacy that many people enjoy as a regular beverage or as a specialty after dinner or as a dessert coffee.
What does Hazelnut taste like in coffee?
Natural hazelnut coffee tastes amazing! When having hazelnut flavored coffee beans in your brew, you can expect to taste a nutty scent with a long-lasting aftertaste of hazelnut that is quite warm and tender.
On the other hand, if you prefer to have artificially infused hazelnut coffee, by adding a creamer that is hazelnut flavored. Then you will experience tasting that nutty taste, but also with a sweetness that may be too much to comprehend for some.
Nevertheless, whatever you prefer, hazelnut coffee flavoring is an amazing flavor to have with any beverage.
From the best hazelnut coffee selection for just about any occasion to the underlying background of flavored hazelnut coffee, you’ve just gotten it all.
Our top pick is Lifeboost Hazelnut flavored coffee for its alluring natural hazelnut flavor, coupled with its amazing brand message and organic coffee initiative you can’t go wrong.
We hope you learned a little bit about the nutty-flavored coffee, we call hazelnut coffee! However, if we missed anything in our article feel free to reach out to us.
Until then, happy hazelnutting!