Looking for the best single serve pod coffee makers on the market that will make the best coffee? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
If you’re tired of making instant coffee in the morning because the process is so long and drawn out, then you definitely need to get a single serve pod coffee maker to take this pain away.
After all, we are living in the 21st century which is fast paced and there is no time for having a kettle boil water.
Now, if you’re like us and time is of the essence and simplicity is key then a pod coffee maker is what you need. Literally pop a pod into the machine, hit brew and boom! Your coffee is ready to go.
In this post we’ll cover off the best single serve pod coffee makers that are perfect for any household. We’ll review them one by one, and also give you an idea of how to choose the best pod machine.
After all there are way too many out there, some good, some bad, and some in between! Now lets jump right into this article.
6 Best Single Serve Pod Coffee Makers!
- Nespresso EN80B Original Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, 12.6 x 4.7 x 9 inches, Black
- Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 6 to 10 Oz. Brew Sizes, Black
- Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee and Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, 5.6 x 16.2 x 12.8 inches, Grey
- Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 6 to 12 Oz. Brew Sizes, Oasis
- Mueller Single Serve Pod Compatible Coffee Maker Machine With 4 Brew Sizes, Rapid Brew Technology with Large Removable 48 oz Water Tank
- Nespresso Essenza Mini Original Espresso Machine by Breville, Piano Black
Top Pick: What is the Best Single Serve Pod Coffee Maker?
Editors Rating :
You're looking at the top pod espresso and coffee maker! The Nespresso Inissia by Delonghi will have you wishing you got one earlier.
Check out this amazing pod coffee maker on amazon below.
From technology to quality, this pod espresso maker will deliver some barista grade single serve coffee or espresso every time!
Rated as an Amazon's choice product, you definitely can't go wrong with this machine! Read our full Nespresso Inissia pod coffee maker review below to get the full scope.
#1 - Nespresso Inissia Espresso Single Serve Pod Machine
- Barista grade: Espresso Inissia by De'Longhi offers an impeccable single-serve coffee or Espresso cup every time, thanks to its automatic operation and Patented extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure. The Inissia is the perfect Coffee machine that Fits perfectly into any interior design.
- Speed: in just one touch, Ideal water temperature is reached in 25 seconds and you are ready to make 9 single-serve cups of Coffee without having to refill the 24 oz. tank. This automatic Coffee machine gets your perfect cup of Coffee or Espresso to you fast.
- Versatile and smart Coffee machine: adjustable cup size with 2 programmable Espresso and Lungo buttons. A folding drip tray accommodates larger single-serve cup sizes and recipes
- Energy efficient Coffee machine: brew 2 different cup sizes; Espresso (1. 35 oz. ) and Lungo (5 oz. ), with just the touch of a button. Pour over ice to create your favorite Iced Coffee drinks. With the smart energy saving mode automatically switches off our Coffee maker after 9 only minutes
Looking for a top single serve pod coffee or espresso maker? You've come to the right place! The Nespresso Inissia is considered a really good coffee maker that takes pods. So if you're on the lookout for something with quality for your home or apartment, then this is it.
Built with speed in mind, you can literally make coffee or espresso in just one touch. The machine is capable of reaching it's ideal water temperature in 25 seconds flat, and is capable of making around 9 single-serve cups of coffee!
The water tank boasts a generous 24 fluid ounce tank, which is pretty decent compared to some other machines.
What we liked about this pod coffee maker was that the drip tray was capable of folding away, which meant fitting a larger cup under it was seamlessly easy!
Our only dislike was that you need to tilt the capsule slightly before inserting it! If it isn't tilted it simply won't fit into the machine. We thought that this should be mentioned in the manuals, however it wasn't, because it may lead to some confusion whether or not you're inserting the capsules correctly.
#2 - Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker Single Serve K-Cup
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for 2 hours, helping to save energy.
If espresso is not your go too and you're just wanting a decent high quality single serve pod coffee maker, then the Keurig K-Classic is your next best bet. This machine is very easy to use, just pop a K-Cup Pod into it, select the drink size and hit brew!
This machine uses k-cup pods which can brew 6, 8 or 10 ounces of coffee, and if you're wanting a coffee with a bit of kick then simply use the 6 ounce setting.
The machine has a super large water tank which stands at 48 ounces, which is twice the size of the Nespresso Inissia, so if volume is what you need this is it. It also has an auto-off feature, and powers off when left on standby for 2 hours.
What we liked about the Keurig K-Classic pod coffee maker was that it offered making drinks in three various sizes. The third being our favorite, and also large enough to fill up a travel mug. Besides having three drink options, it can also accommodate tall travel mugs of up to 7.1".
Our biggest dislike with the machine was that it was rather tall, standing at 17.6" tall when the the pod holder is open. This can be a problem if you have limited kitchen bench top space or low height kitchen cabinets.
#3 - Nespresso VertuoPlus Single Serve Pod Coffee Maker
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: Brew different single serve coffee cup sizes; espresso (1.35 oz), double espresso (2.7 oz), gran lungo (5 oz), coffee (7.7 oz) and alto (14 oz). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks
- VERSATILE AND AUTOMATIC: Based on the barcode on the rim of the capsule, the brewing parameters are adjusted by the machine, with no need to change settings
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE MACHINE: create barista grade brewed single serve coffee or espresso cups at the touch of a single button; Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only
- FEATURES: The VertuoPlus has a motorized head and moveable 54 ounce water tank, which can swivel out or stay behind the machine depending on your counter space. Also has a fast heat-up time of 20 to 25 seconds and has an automatic shutoff after 9 minutes
The next best single-serve pod coffee maker has to be this Nespresso VertuoPlus coffee and espresso maker. The Vertuoplus actually uses completely different pod shapes that have been innovated to deliver some decent quality coffee or espresso.
Simple to use, simply pop the pod into it and use the one touch brewing system to start making your coffee. This machine can actually brew several different sized single serve coffee cup sizes. Brew from espresso, double espresso, gran lungo, coffee or even alto sized drinks.
What we liked about this machine was the large holding capacity of the water cylinder which was a generous 40 fluid ounces. Not only that it was able to be rotated to a position that suits your counter space! Now that's impressive.
A large dislike from this model was that you had to use specially designed vertuo capsules and you couldn't intermix it with ordinary Nespresso capsules. If there was some sort of pod converter to be able to allow you to use ordinary capsules as well then we most likely wouldn't have anything bad to say!
#4 - Keurig K-Mini Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces
- YOUR PERFECT AMOUNT: Brew any cup size between 6-12oz with Keurig K-Cup pods
- ONE CUP RESERVOIR: Just add fresh water for each brew
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Coffee made in minutes
If you're after a Keurig pod coffee maker but the K-Classic is a bit to large or has to much buttons, then the Keurig K-Mini single serve k-cup pod is for you.
This versatile pod coffee maker fits just about on the smallest of kitchen benchtop spaces. Not only that it also accommodates travel mugs when the drip tray is removed you can fit travel mugs up to 7" tall!
The machine also has a much more efficient auto off feature, which turns the machine off after 90 seconds from the last brew which can seriously cut your energy usage costs.
What we liked about this machine was the versatile and sleek design. Compared to the K-Classic, it is one of Keurigs most slimmest brewers so fits into some tight spaces.
We're not fans of using reusable coffee filter cups, but probably a dislike for some of you out there would be that you cannot use the Keurig reusable filer!
Related Article: Best Hot Cocoa K Cups for Winter
#5 - Meuller Single Serve Pod Coffee Maker
- Compatible: Mueller coffee maker is designed to fit most coffee makers using pods as well so you can have your cup of coffee the way you want it!
- Versatile: With 4 different brew sizes available, you choose the strength you want. Can be programmed to brew 6, 8 ,10 & 12 oz cups.
- Rapid Brew: New heater technology ensures coffee brews quickly and at the perfect temperature - no more cold coffee
- Large 48 Oz Removable Water Tank: With a large opening it is now much more convenient to fill it with water and clean. Great for when you have family & friends over and no more having to re-fill with water constantly.
Another great single serve pod coffee maker for college has to be this Mueller coffee maker that allows you to brew up to 4 sizes.
Bundled with great heat technology this machine can brew coffee very quickly and makes it to the right temperature! The water tank is large, but not as large as the Nespresso vertuo machine, however it does hold a generous 48 fluid ounces and is a removable tank.
So if you're a college student that loves drinking coffee of various drink sizes then this is another top coffee maker for your dorm.
What we liked about this coffee maker was that it was affordable and not over priced, while still making some pretty decent coffee. It is also very easy to use and clean which is definitely an added bonus.
The biggest let down was that it did not offer the ability to make espresso as well, which is our favorite! However, if a coffee maker is all that your after than this is it!
#6 - Breville Nespresso Essenza Mini Pod Coffee Maker
- SIZE: Discover the newest and smallest ever single serve espresso maker from Nespresso by Breville, without compromising on exceptional coffee and espresso moments. This compact espresso machine is effortlessly portable and features a sleek design and modern smooth lines, allowing it to fit into anywhere saving valuable counterspace.
- PERFORMANCE: Create a barista-style coffee or espresso drinks every time, thanks to our one-touch operation and extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure.
- EFFICIENT COFFEE MACHINE: In just one touch, the water reaches the ideal serving temperature in 25 seconds and an energy saving mode automatically switches off the machine after 9 minutes.
- VERSATILITY: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1.35 oz) and Lungo (5 oz) buttons making Essenza Mini a great coffee maker for all you single serve coffee needs. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks.
If you're looking for an Nespresso single serve pod coffee maker that has performance behind it, then you need to try the Nespresso Essenza mini coffee machine.
This coffee maker has two programmable sized cups, brewing espresso or lungo coffee which makes a perfect single serve.
One of the few coffee machines that are using an extraction system which delivers 19 bars of pressure that comes at an affordable price. So if you're looking for seriously good espresso, this is for you!
What we liked about this coffee maker was that it was small and compact, and it literally didn't take much counter space up! This is a real bonus for some where you don't have much space at all.
Our biggest dislike about this machine was not being able to accommodate larger sized cups, which is a bit of a shame because it is a really good coffee maker.
How to choose the best pod coffee machine?
Choosing a pod coffee machine can be a very daunting task for some, and often can lead to disappointment if you have not done enough research beforehand.
When we got our first dolce gusto coffee machine it was great, a purchase that was done without much research, however we soon realized that it could only be used with dolce gusto pods.
So when we tried to see if we could use some nespresso pods we soon realized we couldn’t!
That was a while ago, so we understand that a lot of people know this requirement when getting a pod coffee machine.
However there are a few more other aspects to consider, which can lead to a more satisfying purchase overall.
Related Article: How to Make Good Black Coffee Without a Coffee Machine
This was more of a background to bar pressure in coffee makers than anything, but it’s definitely something that you need to know.
Pod machines can typically be rated at 9 or 15 bars of pressure, however most state up to 15 bars.
Don’t worry, 9 bars is actually the perfect setting to make some of the best tasting espresso and coffee from a pod coffee maker.Professional machines will be plumbed in such a way that there are no losses when delivering the required water pressure through the coffee grounds. This is why some machines in cafes have pressure gauges.
The 6 best single serve pod coffee makers listed above all have a variety of drink sizes they can produce. Drink size is definitely a personal preference and it’s something that should fit your needs.
For example If you’re only into having espresso shots then the nespresso machines might be a better fit for you. However if you like having regular coffee, and as much of it as you can have in a serving, then you’re better off getting a pod coffee maker than can produce more than usual.
Some of the best single serve pod coffee makers that produce varying drink sizes are the Keurig pod machines, which can produce 6, 8 or even 10 fluid ounces of coffee.
Not only that but the machine is designed in a way that can accommodate taller cups, without having to remove the drip tray.
Another key thing to consider when getting a good single serve pod coffee maker is usability of it. Straight out of the box, single serve pod coffee makers are probably some of the easiest coffee makers to operate.
Literally there is not much to it, besides a couple of buttons that being the “ON” button and “Brew” button. There are some pod coffee makers however that have a few more buttons than what is normally on these machines.
Extra buttons include, making a double shot, different sizes of drinks or even timers (some coffee makers have this option).
Whatever it does have in terms of functions, they are relatively simple to get the hang of so there’s nothing more to worry about.
Related Article: Best Coffee Makers for Offices
When it comes to single serve pod coffee makers, nearly all of them are really simple to maintain. It usually includes topping up the water when your water tank is empty, possibly rinsing it beforehand.
Other maintenance includes using descaling kits for your Keurig or Nespresso pod machine. Descaling pod coffee machines is typical self care and maintenance that you can do in the comfort of your home.
We recommend that you descale your pod coffee machine every 2 - 3 months so that you can prolong the life of it.What happens when you don’t descale? Hard water minerals can build up in your water tank and lines, which can often lead to having below par coffee!
Now with that aside you’re almost on your way to getting a decent pod coffee machine that will make your life a whole lot better.
However you probably have a couple of questions that may resemble some common questions other people ask.
We’ve searched the internet high and low and came up some frequently asked questions and will give you the answer to them below. So let’s dive straight into it.
What is bar pressure in coffee machines?
What is bar pressure in coffee machines? Typically speaking, bar pressure is what the pump within the machine generates to brew the espresso.
The pump pushes water through ground coffee at either 9 or 15 bars of pressure, which leads to some really good tasting coffee.
Usually most home pod coffee makers have a bar pressure up to 15 bars, however when it delivers the water the pressure is typically reduced to around 9 bars.
Related Article: Why are Espresso Cups So Small?
What is the best single serve pod coffee maker?
The best single serve pod coffee maker is the Nespresso Inissia Espresso Single Serve Pod Machine!
It delivered barista grade single serve coffee or espresso each and every time and does so with it’s 19 bar patented extraction system.
Not only that it can turn regular coffee lovers into espresso addicts so be aware of this! You will never have to drink bad coffee again as this pod coffee maker is considered 5 stars in our books.
What is a Pod coffee maker
Pod coffee makers or machines are just another type of coffee maker that can make coffee. The machine itself is designed to make coffee from a small capsule called a pod.
These pods come in all different shapes and sizes and are typically brand specific. For example Nespresso pods do not work in Keurig k cup machines, that is because the pods are completely different.
If you try to use a Nespresso pod in an alternative pod coffee maker, the machine typically won’t deliver the correct extraction method to the pod or the pod simply won’t have its seal broken.
The pods usually contain the coffee or flavored coffee, and are inserted into the correct machine. Once you close the lid or compartment that holds the pod, it will generally poke holes in the lid by penetrating the pod’s seal.
Pod coffee is a convenient way and easy way to make coffee and requires little effort
Are pod coffee machines worth it?
Pod coffee machines are really worth it and are considered good bang for buck! This is because they often can deliver some seriously good tasting coffee, but at a fraction of the cost compared to other top range espresso or coffee makers.
If you’re looking for a Pod coffee machine then you also need to consider which is right for your household.
We’ve given a range of things to keep in mind when getting a good pod coffee maker so be sure to check it out above.
So there you have it, our take on the 6 best single serve pod coffee makers that are perfect for any household or small office.
Our top pick for a decent single serve pod coffee maker has to be the Nespresso Inissia Espresso Single Serve Pod Machine!
This machine is perfect for anyone wanting a single serve of coffee or espresso and it goes really well in any professional couples apartment, college dorm and also small offices.
Until next time, let’s get caffeinated!