Looking for home coffee bar accessories that will transform your ordinary setup into your most favorite coffee shop?
Every time you head to your coffee shop you see the barista making your favorite caffeinated drink by using cool coffee gadgets.
But, did you know that these coffee accessories can be added to your home coffee machine so that you can also recreate the best tasting coffee that looks just as good!
Let's take a look at some at some of the best home coffee bar accessories that will transform your home into a one stop coffee shop, meaning you’ll be able to save more money by having it at home.
#1 - Oxo Brew Conical Burr Grinder
- Durable 40 millimeter stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- 15 settings (plus Micro settings) let you adjust your grind to suit your taste
- One touch start timer keeps your last setting, just push to grind
- Hopper holds up to 0. 75 pounds of Coffee beans. Product Dimension - 12x7.4x16 inch
One coffee gadget that will be the backbone of your coffee bar is a decent coffee grinder, and I'm not meaning those trash blade grinders. Conical burr grinders are designed to grind beans with precision and accuracy, leaving little variance in your grind.
Boasting a massive 0.75 pound bean hopper that has a ultra violet light blocking tint, that will keep your beans fresh for longer.
The product does stand tall at over 12x7.4x16 inches, so if you have low lying kitchen cupboards, then it might pay to look at our other picks.
If this doesn't phase you at all, then the OXO Brew Conical Burr coffee grinder is a must have and it is highly recommended.
#2 - Coffee Gator Coffee Canister
- Fresh, Fresher, Freshest. You pay for prime quality ground and whole beans, so it makes sense to take care of them. This premium stainless steel container looks the bee's knees and loves your tea and coffee like a Kardashian loves a selfie
- Safe from flavor-destroyers. Coffee naturally emits harmful co2 which needs venting away. Our zero-BPA canisters have innovative freshness valves to release co2 but lock out oxygen. Airtight, sealed containers stop this process and wreck coffee
- Added Extras Mean Added Pleasure - Being stuck without coffee is an emergency situation. So we throw in a 4 ounce, stainless steel-cased glass travel jar. You even get a stainless steel measuring scoop for precision dosing included. Lucky you!
- Track freshness for a dream brew for you and your guests. Sitting on top of the steel clasp seal lid is a calendar wheel. Logging the purchase or expiry date reduces waste and puts a stop to throwing precious coffee in the trash
The coffee gator storage canister is the perfect cute coffee canister for storing ground and whole beans and will style up any coffee bar with it's sleek design. Made from stainless steel and also coming in a variety of colors this coffee canister boasts keeping you coffee fresh for longer.
One major benefit of the coffee gator stainless steel storage container is that it has a date tracker built into the lid, which allows users to track the freshness of the beans or grounds. Leading to brewing perfect coffee for your guests every time.
Coffee gators coffee storage container does also come with a handy little stainless steel scoop which really fits with the design.
#3 - De’Longhi DLSC058 Coffee Tamper
- Experience the amazing flavor of a smooth and evenly graded tamp which is the key to the perfect espresso drink
- Calibrated to give the right pressure to ground coffee in the filter
- Stainless steel base with natural wood handle
- 51 mm diameter
Something that every coffee bar needs at home is a coffee tamper! Allowing you to densely pack fine espresso grinds into the head of a portafilter, so that you can extract every rich flavor from your espresso shot.
This coffee accessory is perfect for leveling off and also compressing coffee grinds firmly, so that they don't stick to the boiler head.
#4 - Coffee Gator Digital Weighing Coffee Scale
- Get it right and reap the rewards. Brewing pour over, espresso, French press or any coffee that lights-up faces means being precise about weights and times. This multi-purpose scale is engineered to easily achieve spot-on coffee every single time
- Better Coffee - every time. These scales make brewing exceptional, repeatable coffee a romp in a recreation area. The one-stop piece of kit weighs (ounces and grams), measures water volume (fluid ounces and liters) and times your brew
- Everything you need, nothing you don’t. Batteries are included. A non-slip rubber matt and feet protect and steady the scales. Weight, time and liquid measurements (imperial and metric units) are clearly visible on a large, bright LCD backlit display
- Designed for coffee - works with (almost) anything. Gator scales are a no-brainer pick for beans, grounds, cooking, weighing jewelry and more. They’re accurate from 0.003 ounces to 6.6 pounds so everything from brewing to baking is a piece of cake
Coffee gator digital coffee scale, with built in timer is perfect for weighing coffee beans or grounds to 0.003 ounces of precision. The scale doubles as something that can be used for your baking or cooking needs.
If you're serious about craft coffee such as pour over or chemex and want a bit of precision then this is the best coffee scale for weighing grounds and beans. It's also perfect for espresso, which makes the coffee gator coffee scale with timer the one to go to.
#5 - RSVP Stainless Steel Scoop
Sick and tired of using a regular tea or tablespoon to measure up, what you think is just the right amount of coffee grounds? A stylish stainless steel scoop coffee accessory will help you get the job done with more accuracy.
This crafty little spoon is dishwasher safe and is the perfect double espresso coffee scoop, so be sure to add this coffee bar item to your list.
#6 - Corretto Espresso Tamping Mat
You've heard of a coffee tamper right? But what about a tamping mat? A silicone coffee tamping mat is perfect when you need to further aerate your steamed milk.
Often times when you steam milk, and the froth is not in the sweet spot, you can use a tamping mat to gently disburse the froth to the base of your coffee milk pitcher without wrecking the kitchen benchtop.
If we had to have the single best coffee gadget for your home bar, we'd have to say this is it.
#7 - HOMEE Espresso Knock Box
- FAST PROCESSING - Dispose of your used coffee grounds quickly and easily within inches of your espresso maker. You can store old coffee grounds for gardening, old coffee grounds can be a rich fertilizer option for your garden beds. Knock boxes give you ample storage space for holding the residual coffee grounds so that you can later transfer them to a compost bin.
- PERFECT SIZE - The coffee waste bin only 4.8inch is perfect for storing underneath most espresso machines. The espresso machine knock box capacity is large enough that you don't have to empty it too often, made of sturdy ABS plastic with a food-safe rubber bar.
- HIGH QUALITY - Rubberized knock bar won’t dent or scratch your portafilter and helps eliminate spills, it keeps The Portafilter Safe.
- DETACHABLE KNOCK BAR - Rubber bar can be removed from its plastic holder for emptying and cleaning,The bar comes out easily for fast cleaning.
Lastly, every home coffee station needs a espresso knock box. Knock boxes are very cool and allow you to knock used espresso grounds in them, collect them and then decide what to do with them later.
Rather then throw them directly in the trash you can use them several different ways according to healthline!
This is a must for having a cool coffee bar!
What do you need for a coffee bar at home?
The most important coffee bar items to have at home are;
- A good espresso machine which can produce espresso, lattes or cappuccinos. Check out the best espresso machines for under $200 here
- Good quality supply of coffee beans. We have a good article on coffee beans that can be used for espresso or french press.
Those are probably the two single most important things you need. However if you want to have a decent coffee bar in your home, then consider getting any of the following coffee bar items we have reviewed above.
Our favorites that we have are;
- The Corretto Tamping Mat;
- The Stainless Steel Scoop; and,
- The HOMEE Espresso knock box.
Related Article: Why are Espresso Cups so Small?
What is a coffee bar?
A coffee bar is typically a part of a kitchen bench top that contains your espresso machine or coffee maker, and other accessories to make coffee.
Whether it is cool latte cups, coffee gadgets or just general coffee supplies such as coffee beans.
Many people get confused when they hear the term coffee bar, thinking that it is a place that serves coffee for you like a coffee shop. This is not the case, it is more so just an area in your kitchen dedicated to everything coffee.
Why do you need coffee accessories for
Having the best home coffee bar will really help you with preparing some of the most delicious tasting caffeinated drinks.The coffee accessories such as a tamper mat, a coffee tamper or just having seriously good coffee beans can definitely make for good coffee.
What coffee accessories for home can you get?
There are a range of coffee accessories you can get to spice up your home coffee bar to make it one of the coolest.
But besides some of the alluring coffee bar accessories we have mentioned, there are probably three crucial ones that every coffee bar needs.
We call these the coffee bar essential gadgets, let's take a look at them.
If you have a coffee machine such as an espresso maker or just a plain old coffee maker, it can pay to have a decent coffee grinder.
Cheaper grinders often lead to having an inconsistent ground size within your coffee grounds.To some it doesn’t matter, but if you’re trying to get a high quality tasting espresso then consider having a decent burr grinder in your list of home coffee bar accessories.
A tamper is a tool used to level off your coffee in the portafilter (the little cup that holds the grounds), it is also responsible for compressing your grounds firmly inside the coffee basket.
Tampers are perfect for espresso, because you want to firmly pack the coffee grounds before locking the portafilter into the head of the machine.
Digital coffee scales are considered a really cool coffee gadget that adds a bit of precision to your brewery.
If you rely on an independent coffee grinder to ground up beans, then having a coffee scale is the perfect coffee accessory to add a bit of accuracy to your brew.
Espresso Knock Box
One of the most useful home coffee bar accessories that we think is really worthwhile, and not many people have one is a knock box.
This is the little box that allows you to knock out your used espresso grounds from the portafilter, store them until you are ready to use them in the garden.
So there you have it, a small list of essential home coffee bar accessories that will transform your coffee bar into something extraordinary.
If you feel like we’ve missed out a decent coffee gadget that can be included in this list to make the ultimate coffee station, then reach out to us and let us know. We’ll be sure to include it when we update this post.