Espresso coffee is somewhat of a delicacy and if you enjoy every bit of it, then you need to be doing it in style! That’s right, the best part of having espresso is actually enjoying it in the best cups for espresso that can enhance your experience and deliver the utmost imaginable taste and aromas.
If you’ve been having espresso shots out of an ordinary large volume coffee mug, you may as well add milk and call it a cappuccino or latte. Not only does it look a tad bit strange, the espresso actually can end up tasting a bit differently than if it came from an espresso cup.
Espresso coffee cups are designed and sized just right, so that it retains all the goodness of the espresso coffee without compromising on quality and taste.
In this article, we’ll be covering off the best cups for espresso that will transform your espresso experience from plain old ordinary, to a world of unimaginable quality!
We’ll look at the top 5 expresso cups you need to have in your kitchen, then follow up with everything you need to know before purchasing espresso cups!
Finally, we’ll wrap this article up with frequently asked questions about the best espresso cups.
So let’s dive right into it and look at the coolest espresso cups money can buy right now.
Summary of the 5 Best Cups for Espresso
- Sweese 408.101 Espresso Cups - 4 Ounce (Top to The Rim), Double-Wall Insulated Glasses - Handmade Glass - Set of 4
- JoyJolt Savor Double Wall Insulated Glasses Espresso Mugs (Set of 2) - 5.4-Ounces
- Sweese 404.402 Porcelain Stackable Espresso Cups with Saucers and Metal Stand - 2.5 Ounce - Set of 4, Turquoise
- De'Longhi DeLonghi Double Walled Thermo Espresso Glasses, Set of 2, Regular, Clear
- 80ml Stainless Steel Espresso Cups Set - 2 Pack Double Wall 304 Stainless Steel Demitasse Cups 2.7oz By RECAPS
The Best Espresso Cup is.. Sweese 408.101 Double Wall Insulated Espresso Glasses
Editors Rating :
Our top espresso shot glass is this seamlessly sleek barista grade espresso glass from Sweese.
These double walled espresso shot glasses will give your espresso the extra kick it needs! Click the link below to find out more or read our full review below.
#1 - Sweese 408.101 Double-Wall Insulated Espresso Glasses
- AN ELEGANT WAY TO ENJOY YOUR LIFE - Is there anything more satisfying than that first sip of espresso in the morning? There’s no question that coffee is energizing and unbelievably delicious. Sipping piping hot caffeine as soon as possible prepares us for the day. Sweese espresso cups will give you a perfect coffee time.
- DOUBLE WALLED DESIGN, DOUBLE FUN - Due to the double wall thermal insulated design, demitasse cups aren't hot to the touch after making the espresso, but the liquid inside of them is still keeping warm. So amazing! And the lines are smooth, curving nicely, almost like a beautiful floating boat. Bring you a visual enjoyment.
- SO CUTE CAPACITY FOR ESPRESSO LOVER - Each espresso shot cup holds 4oz (top to the rim). Works great with espresso machines. Perfect glassware for cappuccino, tea, latte, espresso or cold beverages.
- MICROWAVE & DISHWASHER SAFE - Glasses are made of borosilicate glass. You could reheat espresso in the microwave. And sweese cups in the dishwasher when you need a clean.
If you've been searching high and low for a durable amazing double walled espresso glass, you've just come across it! We consider these espresso shot glasses , by sweese, nothing short of being barista grade and will be a perfect addition in any kitchen or café.
These elegant shot glasses are considered as one of the best cups for espresso given that it is might of durable dishwasher safe glass.
The cups are the 4oz in capacity and are the perfect size for any espresso lover, boasting a simple bowed shape with a rounded beveled finish, making them extremely stylish.
It's innovative design allows for the perfect layer of espresso crema to form on the top, with just the right thickness, leading to one of the best starts to the morning you've had in a while!
What we loved about these espresso shot glasses was that they made the best sipping glass out of the lot, holding it was easy! Not only that, but it also came in a 4 pack which we think is necessary if you're starting out with espresso.
Our only dislike was that we wished that sweese sold them in a pack of 10, which is the perfect number for a medium sized household of espresso lovers. This problem is solved by ordering two packs of 4.That’s why we developed this small little guide on how to choose the to fit your needs and keep you content with having high quality espresso every time.
#2 - JoyJolt Savor Double Wall Insulated Espresso Glasses
Love the double wall insulated glass espresso cups, but not convinced with 4oz capacity and no handle? No worries! The JoyJolt Savor double wall insulate espresso glasses are just what you need.
These espresso cups are more like espresso mugs, since they have an outstanding 5.4oz capacity, so if you enjoy having espresso and cappucino's then this is for you.
The double glass feature makes the glass thermally insulated, meaning your espresso will be kept at just the right temperature for quite a while.
What we loved about these espresso mugs were that they were beautifully designed, making it a great addition to any home, cafe or even bar. The size is also generous and is perfectly suited for lungo espresso, latte's and cappucinos.
Our only negative comment about these cups is that although the quality is outstanding, they felt a little on the light side! So do bear this in mind.
#3 - Sweese 404.402 Porcelain Stackable Espresso Cups with Saucers
- HAVE A COFFEE HOUSE EXPERIENCE - A Simple yet classy design that perfectly fits your espresso maker. Coming with Saucers and the great stacking stand. The walls of the cups are relatively thick, so they retain heat. They have a cafe look that actually makes you feel as though you are in a coffee bar enjoying your brew.
- THIS SET IS VERY MUCH A SPACE SAVER - Porcelain cup/saucer set with a bonus stacking rack to keep the set together, takes the same space as one saucer. It's compact enough to fit in the smallest cabinet or take up very little counter (or table) real estate. If you are a space-saver or have compulsive OCD about keeping your apartment neat and tidy, this is that neat look that you want.
- CUTE NAVY CUPS - Sweese porcelain cups have industry-favorite traditional contours, and navy adds a stylistic touch and brightens up your mornings. The sleek cups are sure to create a dining experience your guests won't soon forget.
- PRO-GRADE PORCELAIN & SAFE FOR DISHWASHER, MICROWAVE, OVEN AND FREEZER - These Sweese espresso cups are made of durable porcelain, a type of premium LEAD-FREE, chip-resistant and more sturdy than stoneware.
Not a fan of double walled insulated glass espresso cups? Don't worry, we did think of that when doing this best espresso cups review! Next on our list of best cups for espresso are these sweese Porcelain stackable espresso cups with saucers.
Coming in a varierty of colors to suit almost everybodies taste, this 4 set espresso cups with saucers are best suited for a home experience or an upper class venue.
The espresso cups are of barista quality, and are definitely high grade porcelain in our opinion. Your options of cups come in small, medium or large with small being perfect for only espresso.
What we loved about these espresso cups was purely the fact that they were stackable. The design managed to clear up a lot of bench space and stored the saucers and espresso cups with ease. Overall we didn't find it difficult removing them out of their stack.
Our only negative comment about these are, the handle can be a little bit tiny. So if you have large fingers, then we recommend choosing an espresso cup without a handle.
#4 - De’Longhi Double Wall Thermo Espresso Glasses
- Double wall thermos glasses
- Keeps drinks hot or cold
- Condensation free
- Dishwasher safe
We have an obsession with double wall thermo espresso glassess, we know! But that's because if you got some, you won't regret it. Take these De'longhi ones for example, they're hot on our list of best cups for espresso and we recommend these too!
Use it for hot espresso, or just a small bit of cold brew, the double walled espresso glasses will keep your drink at the right temperature for a good time. The set of two comes in a 2 oz capacity, but if you fancy something a bit larger for cappuccino or latte's, then delonghi has these options too.
What we loved about these glasses was that it was made of borosilicate glass, which is very durable and long lasting!
Our only dislike was that that came at a cost to the consumer, which make them a little bit more expensive compared to sweese. Not only that, but you receive 2 glasses as opposed to a set of 4.
#5 -Stainless Steel Espresso Cup Set
- 1.CAPACITY: 80ml/2.7oz. They can be stacked
- 2.Item Included: 2 Pack 304 Food Grade Stainless Steel Espresso Cups.
- 3.Double Wall Design- Thermally Insulated Espresso Coffee Cups, Keep Warm/Cool.
- 4.Safe to hold the cup. Not Burn.
Lastly, if glass or porcelain espresso cups does not tickle your taste buds enough and you're after stainless steel espresso cups, then you need to get this two pack demitasse espresso cups from RECAPS.
These stainless steel espresso cups are 2.7 oz in capacity and are also double walled, meaning they're also thermally insulated to keep your espresso warm.
Stainless steel can transfer temperature quite quickly, but with it being double walled it is quite safe to hold and does not burn.
These espresso cups are perfect as travel cups or would go well in a rustic kitchen or bar.
What we loved about these espresso cups was that it came in two sizes, which was quite good! Our biggest dislike was that although it was thermally insulated, it didn't do a good enough job at retaining the temperature compared to glass espresso cups.
How to Choose the Perfect Espresso Cup
The best cups for espresso can sometimes be hard to pick out for your kitchen, and we totally get it! With so many variants, colors and designs on the market it can be hard to decide what will be perfect for you.That’s why we developed this small little guide on how to choose the best espresso cup to fit your needs and keep you content with having high quality espresso every time.
Think of the Right Material
There are several different materials that espresso cups can be made of these are;
- Porcelain or Ceramic espresso cups,
- Espresso glasses (generally called shot glasses); and
- Stainless steel espresso cups
Each of these materials have their own benefits and design flaws, however all generally come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Ceramic espresso mugs are good for retaining heat, they come in a variety of shapes and styles and the biggest benefit of all is it can be heated in the microwave.
Espresso shot glasses (normally double walled), are stylish, sleek and look good. Again, these are designed with a double wall to help with heat retention and can also be used in the microwave.
Stainless steel espresso cups, which are more of a travel friendly option, is good for heat retention and durability. These cannot be reheated in the microwave!
Style and Design
You can get colorful espresso cups, small or large ones! Some are made from glass and others made from ceramic or stainless steel.
There’s definitely no shortage when it comes to the design and style of espresso cups, but what you need to know is that you can pick what you like.Anything larger than 3 oz is generally used to make small latte or cappuccino drinks, so if you’re needing a to do both, then you’re better off getting the cappuccino sized espresso cups (or better known as espresso mugs).
The design and style all boils down to user preference and suitability. Ask yourself these questions when purchasing new espresso cups for your home:
- Do you like the shape and style?
- What about the color. Does that fit in with your other glasses, cups and mugs?
- Do you need your own espresso cup and saucer stand?
- Do you like the look of glass or porcelain espresso cups?
These questions and some others can help you pinpoint a suitable espresso cup design for your home, just like the cool espresso cups above in the photo.
The size of the espresso cup matters
As we’ve mentioned before, espresso cups come in a variety of sizes which are;
We believe that if you’re wanting to drink only espresso and have it in a shot glass, then serving the best espresso is done best with a doppio or demitasse shot glass. Check out the simple video guide explaining the various espresso cup sizes!
If you’re after a bit more espresso then a lungo might be perfect for you, but generally the former will satisfy your needs just fine.set of espresso cups
All About Espresso Shot Glasses - FAQs
Now that you know what the best cups for espresso are that can deliver some highly exquisite espresso coffee, you probably have a few questions that are typical to what most people have on their mind.
For example, why do you need an espresso cup? We have searched high and low for the answers and compiled ones that have been asked quite a bit about espresso cups.So let’s take a look at some espresso coffee cup questions you may have.
What are espresso cups for?
Espresso cups are generally used for drinking espresso shots, whether you want to sip it or have it as a shot. These cups are specifically designed to house the espresso and create the perfect layer of froth, known as crema, in the cup.
It is because of this shape that the espresso generally leads to a better tasting experience than if it were served in a large cup made for milk based drinks like cappuccino.Besides being used for drinking espresso, espresso glasses and cups have a variety of other uses such as being used as a measuring device, or even a candle light holder.
What is the best cup to drink espresso?
In our opinion the best cups for espresso have to be the double walled glass espresso cups.
These cups are very sleek and suit any home or office kitchen! When serving guests espresso, they also tend to feel like they’re experiencing very expensive coffee for the first time.
Besides looking sleek, these espresso shot glasses are amazing at heat retention, so you could literally walk away for 20 minutes and your espresso will still be the perfect temperature.
Should espresso cups be glass?
Espresso can be served in shot glasses, porcelain cups or even stainless steel mugs, it really depends on your preferences.
In our opinion, glass espresso cups add another dimension of a higher quality lifestyle, that is why we prefer them over the porcelain or stainless steel espresso cups.
So there it is, the best cups for espresso that will give you an enjoyable espresso tasting experience all the time.
Our top pick is the sweese double-walled insulated espresso shot glass that comes in a pack of 4! Perfect for a small kitchen, any larger and we’d recommend picking up 2-3 sets of these espresso glasses to accommodate a larger group of people.
These espresso cups not only look sleek, but will constantly give you amazing tasting espresso each and every time you drink from them as opposed to drinking from a standard coffee mug.
If you think we missed anything in this article, especially around the espresso facts, then write to us and when we update this article we’ll include your suggestions.
Until next time, happy espresso drinking!