Sit back, and grab a good cup of joe because today I’m going to talk about the best 4 cup coffee maker with auto shut off !
Love having coffee from a drip coffee maker but often you find yourself making wayyy to many cups at a time? Not only that, but your coffee maker also doesn’t have an automatic shut off feature which completely sucks!
Making the right amount of coffee for your household in the morning is a crucial factor in making sure you’re not over brewing the needed amount.
Often times when you have an extremely large coffee maker, that makes 10 or more cups you’re left with so much waste! Yeh, imagine saving yourself thousands a year on coffee grounds by just brewing what you actually need.
4 cup coffee makers with auto shut off are definitely the way to go, and this is what I’ll be showing you today.
I’ll start by listing the best 4 cup coffee makers, all, of course, have auto shut off function, and then follow with the pros and cons of them all.
Lastly, I’m going to give you a little bit of guidance when it comes to buying a decent 4 cup coffee maker whether it’s for your house or for your college dorm!
My Top 5 4 Cup Coffee Makers with Auto Shut Off
- Braun Brew Sense Drip Coffee Maker, 12 cup, Black
- Cuisinart DCC-450BK 4-Cup Coffeemaker with Stainless-Steel Carafe, Black
- Chefman Grind and Brew 4 Cup Coffee Maker and Grinder, Compatible w/ Fresh Beans and Grounds, Adjustable Strength Settings, Washable Coffee Filter & Scoop Included, Compact, Black/Stainless Steel
- Gevi Espresso Machine 15 Bar Coffee Machine with Foaming Milk Frother Wand for Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte and Mocha, Steam Espresso Maker For Home Barista, Adjustable Milk Frothing and Double Temperature Control System, Stainless Steel, 1100W
- Mr. Coffee Coffee Maker, Programmable Coffee Machine with Auto Pause and Glass Carafe, 5 Cups, Black
Top Pick: Best 4 Cup Coffee Maker with Auto Shut Off
Editors Rating :
Looking for the ideal 4 cup coffee maker that actually has an auto shut off?
Look know further, the Braun KF7159BK 4 cup drip coffee maker will literally make what you need. Read more below about this top 4 cup drip coffee maker
This is the best 4 cup coffee maker with auto shut off and on features and it makes really good coffee! Besides that the design is incredible and it looks like it will fit nicely in every kitchen or even a small office for that matter.
If you liked the look of this stunner, keep reading below as we've summarized this little coffee maker quite well and give you the pros and cons of it!
Related Article: Best Light Roast Coffee for a Coffee Maker
#1 - Braun KF7150BK 4 Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- Pure Flavor Brewing System- Consistent great flavor from the first to last drop
- Fully Programmable- 24-hour clock, auto-on/off and 1 - 4 cup functions
- Bold Strength Selector- Allows you to enjoy your coffee regular or bold - just the way you like it
- Extra Large Digital Display - User-friendly control panel with LED indicators and easy-to-read buttons
Want a 4 Cup coffee maker that produces the best and most consistent flavor every single time? The Braun KF7150BK coffee maker is what you need for your household or travel!
This machine is fully programmable with a built in LCD screen that displays the time and also allows you to program to turn on and off, making this coffee maker really good for those always on the go.
The machine also allows you to control the strength of your coffee, selecting from bold or just plain old regular! It certainly has been designed for any coffee lover.
What we liked about this coffee maker was that besides having an auto on and off feature, it also allowed you to brew between a single cup or 3, what ever you need.
A huge dislike from us is that it came with a glass carafe, which doesn't retain the heat to much and constantly led to over brewing. To fix this, make sure you invest in a thermo carafe.
#2 - Cuisinart DCC-450BK 4 Cup Coffee Maker with auto shut off
- 4-CUP THERMAL CARAFE: Includes drip-free pour spout, knuckle guard for added protection, carafe lid, and ergonomic comfort grip black handle with matching black body to perfectly pair with your kitchen appliances.
- ENJOY WITH EASE: Cuisinart’s trademarked Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before the brewing cycle has finished.
- SMALL FOOTPRINT: The compact design is small enough to use for small households or second homes – save counter space without sacrificing features.
- PREMIUM DESIGN FEATURES: “On” indicator light and 30-minute automatic shutoff compatible so you never have to worry about leaving the house in a hurry.
Cuisinart produced a slightly more affordable 4 Cup coffee maker with the DCC-450BK model. Producing just the right amount of coffee in each brew, you won't be left unsatisfied by this little coffee maker.
The machine has a built in auto shut off after 30 minutes from the end of your brewing cycle and any coffee remaining will be kept warm in the carafe.
What we liked about this machine was that it had a brew pause feature, similar to the Braun model and besides that came with a stainless steel carafe.
The biggest dislike about this machine was that it wasn't pre-programmable setting for switching on, so although it turned off after 30 minutes it would have been nice if we could have set the machine to make coffee in the morning.
#3 - Chefman Grind 4 Cup Coffee Maker
- FRESHLY GROUND COFFEE: With the Chefman Grind and Brew’s integrated grinder, you can grind your coffee beans just before brewing them, preserving the bean oils and flavors up until the very last moment, and enjoy fresh coffee in minutes!
- AS STRONG AS YOU LIKE IT: Enjoy coffee house quality, fresher and faster with this compact 4 cup home brewing system. Equipped with a permanent washable coffee filter, one button operation, and different brew strength settings, you can customize your coffee to your liking!
- ACCEPTS PRE-GROUND COFFEE: Featuring a brew setting for coffee grounds, this coffee machine offers extra versatility. Just pick your favorite coffee, place the grounds in the filter, and brew. You can easily monitor the brewing status with the water level viewing window.
- KEEP WARM & PAUSE FUNCTIONS: Keep your coffee hot with the 30-minute Keep Warm function. The Pause function allows you to pull out the carafe mid-brew so you can sip, enjoy, and continue brewing! Auto shut-off feature ensures added safety.
Another stylish and unique best 4 cup coffee maker with auto shut off has to be this Chefman coffee maker. The machine allows you to brew coffee using freshy grounds and coffee beans as it has an integrated bean grinder!
It does have an auto shut off feature, turning off after 30 minutes but unfortunately it didn't have a pre-programmable on feature. Besides that it allows you to enjoy coffee as strong as you like, due to its various brew strength settings.
What we liked about Chefman coffee maker was purely the design of it , it was pretty unique compared to most coffee makers we've seen and would look really good in a professional couples apartment or home.
The biggest drawback is that again, although it had an auto shut off, it didn't have the pre programmable on and off so having coffee ready in the morning while you get ready is just not going to happen.
#4 - Gevi 5 Cup Coffee Maker with Auto Shut Off
- ✔【15 BAR PRESSURE SYSTEM】15 Bar high-pressure Italian ODM pump with 1100W big power can provide fast and stable extraction，makes espresso more fragrant and rich in crema.
- ✔【ACTIVE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】Visual thermometer can help you control the best temperature for optimal coffee extraction. 2 Separate thermostats adjust the temperature of the water and milk foam separately so that the taste of coffee can reach the ideal state, and the milk foam is rich and creamy.
- ✔【ADJUSTABLE MILK FROTHING】Allows you to adjust the foam and steam levels to customize a variety of delicious espresso-based coffee. 360°rotating stainless steel frothing wand is more convenient to use.
- ✔【7 GRAMS FOR FULL FLAVOR】Achieve a consistent and balanced espresso using the right amount of ground coffee. Using 7g coffee powder to make 1 ounce of espresso can get full flavor and better taste.
We know you were after a decent 4 cup coffee maker, but there isn't that many that have a built in auto off feature, so had to include this Gevi 5 Cup Coffee Maker.
A little bit more affordable than some of the other coffee makers, this coffee maker is suitable for any kitchen bench top. It features an ideal brewing temp, brewing your coffee above 190°F to allow optimal full-bodied flavor to be extracted.
It does also have an auto shut off feature, but unfortunately no way at starting the machine up without some love from the owner. That is OK, if you don't mind the getting up a bit early to put water and grounds into the machine.
Our biggest drawback was that we wished it had an automatic on feature as well, but that doesn't bother us because we are use to getting up a little early and preparing the coffee.
#5 - Mr Coffee 5 Cup Coffee Maker with Auto Shut Off and On
- Compact design that fits nicely into small spaces
- Brew later feature allows you to set your coffeemaker ahead and wake up to fresh brewed coffee
- Ergonomic carafe designed for easy pouring and handling with ounces markings for better measuring
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause lets you grab a cup before brewing is finished. Wattage: 650 Watts
Lastly, we have this Mr Coffee 5 cup coffee maker which is pre-programmable to start brewing in the morning once set the night before.
This compact design, which fits perfectly on any kitchen bench top, makes the best coffee and also produces a generous 5 cup capacity.
The auto pause feature lets you grab a cup as soon as you have 1 cup off coffee available, and once you grabbed a cup of joe let the machine continue its process to produce the remaining cups.
We really liked this machine due to its pre programmable setting that allows you to brew in the morning and also shut's off after 2 hours. The best part is it is more affordable than the Braun coffee maker.
What we disliked was the design, which looks like it was made of cheap plastic parts. But you can't really complain when the price is unbeatable compared to the Braun coffee machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that I’ve covered off some of the best 4 cup coffee makers with automatic shut off that will produce some of the best-tasting drip coffee you’ve ever had, you may have a couple of burning questions that need answering.
I managed to look around on some forums and compiled a list of frequently asked questions when it comes to 4 cup coffee makers.
So I’ll answer some of the most common ones, but if you have any others feel free to contact us and we can definitely add it in the list.
Do most coffee makers have an automatic shut off
Not all coffee makers are created equally, and thus not all have automatic shut off functions like the list I’ve presented.
When browsing around for a decent 4 cup coffee maker, you’ll probably notice a couple of really cheap and affordable ones. Often times, these below-par coffee makers don’t have this neat feature of shutting themselves off automatically.
So it is definitely something to look out for when purchasing a new coffee machine. I’ve taken the trouble out of your search and listed the top 5 4 cup coffee makers that have automatic shut off, which makes it a bit easier for you.
Another thing to note is that some machines will claim automatic shut off, but when expecting them closely you’ll be able to see if they have this feature.
Coffee makers with digital displays often have an automatic shutoff, but it pays to read the descriptions carefully!
Related Article: 7 Delicious Hot Cocoa K Cups to Try
How long should you keep a coffee maker?
A decent coffee maker will last you around 5 years or so which is a really long time, so when getting a machine think of quality and stick to brands you’ve heard of.
If you haven’t heard of a particular brand, it always pays to do a bit of homework by reading other people’s opinions and watching videos before buying.
The exception to this rule is that in order for it to last that long, you’ll also need to ensure you do regular maintenance and cleaning on your machine.
When coffee makers are mistreated or used incorrectly it often leads to the life span shortening, so that’s a bit of food for thought.
What happens if you don’t clean your coffee maker?
Unwanted minerals begin to build up which often begins to affect the quality of your coffee, so cleaning your machine is a necessity!
Besides your coffee beginning to taste a bit erry, which definitely is not a result of bad grounds or beans, it can also produce a foul smell within your kitchen!
Most coffee makers and espresso machines rely on the user to descale the maker so that it removes hard water mineral build-up.
I’ve heard of people using vinegar as well, but personally I prefer to put the correct chemicals that have been approved through my machine to ensure the lifespan lasts long.
Is a coffee maker worth it?
Coffee makers are certainly worth it because they can produce a large volume of coffee with a reasonable amount of grounds as opposed to an espresso maker.
For a 4 cup coffee maker with automatic shut off you can expect to use about 4 tablespoons of ground coffee, to produce four cups of coffee.
This compared to the amount of grounds needed for a double shot espresso, which is typically a single-serve, is the single factor why coffee makers are worth it.
Besides that, they definitely produce some decent tasting coffee compared to instant coffee.
Related Article: 10 Ultimate Best Coffee Makers with Espresso Maker Built in
What do you need to know before buying a 4-cup Coffee Maker
Before I finish this article, I wanted to give you an overview of what to look for when purchasing a decent 4 cup coffee maker.
After all I did cover off some frequently asked questions, but it always helps when you have some guidance on what to look for in a good 4 cup coffee maker.
So let’s dive into this small section and cover off some typical features to look out for when buying a 4 cup coffee maker for your office, household or college dorm.
One major thing that you need to consider is how fast a coffee maker can brew your coffee! Yes, brew speed is very important especially if you’re constantly on the go and don’t have much time to make coffee in the morning.
The best 4 cup coffee makers typically have automatic start functions with timers, so that you can set them to turn on and start brewing.
This is perfect for those people constantly on the run, and need something to make coffee for them when they wake up.
All you need to do is ensure you have grounds in the machine, water and that it has power. When you set a timer, it will automatically start making coffee.
Ideal Brewing Temperature
Another aspect to ensure is that your coffee is brewed to 205°F if you have a coffee maker that can’t maintain this temperature during the brewing process, it can lead to a bitter tasting coffee.
Bitter tasting coffee is a result of the coffee being over-extracted (brewing above normal temperature), which is something that you don’t want with your 4 cup coffee maker.
Think about your budget
There are cheap machines out there, but what I’ve found with cheaper machines is that they often don’t last as long or they are produced with cheaper materials.
For example, when getting a 4 cup coffee maker with an automatic shut off, it is definitely good to get one in your price range, is energy efficient, and has a thermal carafe.
Thermal carafes can keep your coffee warmer for longer as opposed to glass ones, which often need the coffee maker to be on still.
So there you have it, a quick round-up post of the best 4 cup coffee maker with auto shut off features!
If you’re in the market for a new decent coffee maker then the Braun KF7150BK stainless steel 4 cup coffee maker is our top pick!
Built with precision and design at heart, this coffee maker has a 24-hour clock with auto on and off and produces just the right amount of coffee for your household.
This coffee maker is a must-have for any office worker, household, or couple looking to replace their older drip coffee maker.