Coffee is a well known beverage that has been introduced since the 15th Century and there are over 20 million 130 pound coffee bags consumed in 2019!
Adding your favorite flavoring can make the drink even more alluring than it already is, and can lead to some of the best flavored coffee your palate can taste!
Many of us add flavored creamer, or an artificial coffee flavor to achieve this, but that comes at a price of unknown calories, added sugars and leads to the drink becoming rather unhealthy.
What if we told you that you can enjoy flavored coffee beans with zero sugar and very low calories! Well, you can, and in this article you'll discover the best flavored coffee beans that are available to buy.
10 Best Flavored Coffee | Captivating Flavors for Every Palate
- Volcanica French Vanilla Coffee Beans
- Lifeboost Cinnamon Cappuccino Flavored Coffee
- Volcanica Hazelnut Flavored Coffee
- Kauai Hawaiian Ground Coffee, Coconut Caramel Crunch Flavor (10 oz Bag) - 100% Premium Gourmet Arabica Coffee from Hawaii's Largest Coffee Grower - Bold, Rich Blend
- Eight O'Clock Coffee Flavors of America Ground Coffee, Maine Blueberry Crisp, 11 Ounce
- Gevalia Vanilla Flavored Mild Roast Ground Coffee (12 oz Bag, Pack of 6)
- AmazonFresh French Vanilla Flavored Coffee, Ground, Medium Roast, 12 Ounce (Pack of 3)
- Volcanica Caramel Crunch Flavored Coffee Beans
- Seattle's Best Coffee Toasted Hazelnut Flavored Medium Roast Ground Coffee, 12 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- New England Coffee French Vanilla Medium Roast Ground Coffee 11 oz. Bag
Our Top Flavored Coffee Beans Pick
Editors Rating :
The best flavored coffee are these flavored coffee beans by Volcanica coffee.
Delivering a rich and sweet vanilla flavor, these beans don't disappoint. Check the price by clicking the button below or continue reading to see our full honest review.
#1 - Volcanica French Vanilla Coffee
Another best Volcanica best flavored coffee beans has to be french vanilla, which in our opinion are high end coffee beans! If you’re the type to have a sweet tooth, constantly reaching for the candy jar then this is for you.
The flavors for coffee delivers a sweet, smooth and very rich flavor of real vanilla which is great for the perfect cup. It is considered a gourmet coffee flavored bean that impressed us right from our first brew.
A medium roasted whole bean means the true flavor comes through with a remarkable taste. These beans are fresh roasted then immediately packed to guarantee freshness. In our opinion this is one the best tasting coffee beans you can find on the market.
#2 - Lifeboost Cinnamon Cappuccino
These organic flavored coffee beans made from single origin, 100% Arabica beans will bring your morning to life with the Lifeboost cinnamon cappuccino high end coffee beans.
Giving aromas of fresh cinnamon, sweet vanilla, silky cream and will give you tasting notes of cinnamon cappuccino in a bold Arabica cup of coffee in your hand, you can't go wrong. This makes for another best tasting whole bean coffee that is enjoyed by many.
Lifeboost produce fairly traded beans that have been hand roasted to perfection, which sets them apart from others! The only downside we found with Lifeboost is that it can be a bit pricey for some.
#3 - Volcanica Hazelnut Coffee
Volcanica provides some of the best flavored coffee, but one distinct one has to be Volcanica Hazelnut Flavored coffee. This sweet and buttery flavor mixed with a medium roast delivers a great taste to your taste buds.
This flavor is perfect for individuals who love nuts or have an appetite for a nutty flavor. If you’re not into hazelnut, then try Volcanica’s other flavored coffee. This whole bean flavored coffee can be seriously good when you're craving a bit of hazelnut without using nasty sweeteners.
This gourmet flavored coffee beans is made with natural ingredients and has zero sugar and calories.
Although the beans aren’t sustainably sourced or low-acid, it is still one of our most favorite flavors and brands. You need to buy this flavored coffee today.
Recommended Article: Best hazelnut flavored Coffee for a Decadent Flavorsome Brew
#4 - Kauai Hawaiian Coconut Caramel Crunch
- 100% PREMIUM ARABICA COFFEE – Kauai Coffee is a 100% Arabica ground coffee, featuring a smooth, delicious flavor and amazing aroma. Each cup is a truly satisfying experience!
- COCONUT CARAMEL CRUNCH – The combination of sweet, nutty caramel, tropical coconut and our medium-roasted beans makes this delectable ground coffee the perfect cup for any occasion.
- ROASTED TO PERFECTION – Our Roast Masters use premium beans, 10% of which are grown on our estate in Kauai, to capture the easygoing character and subtle nuances that distinguish our ground Kauai coffee.
- GOOD FARMING – From growing the coffee to roasting and packaging, we employ sustainable, farming practices throughout every step of the process.
Another best tasting coffee is the coconut caramel crunch by Kauai Hawaiian coffee group. Flavors that combine sweet, nutty and caramel with a delicious tropical coconut aroma, will leave you coming back for more.
Kauai medium-roasted beans make this flavor the perfect cup of coffee for any occasion. What I love the most about this brand is that they use good farming practices throughout every step to ensure the coffee bean flavors is perfect for roasting.
It is low-acidic and has excellent taste, but the flavoring aroma needs to be heightened for some as it can be quite low for some of us. In our opinion this is has some of the best coffee flavor, while keeping the acidity low, perfect for those with acid reflux problems.
#5 - Eight O’Clock Coffee Maine Blueberry Crisp
- GREAT TASTING Coffee Since 1859 – Winey notes and a rich, elegant aroma with a full-bodied finish. All of roasting is done at our own facility in Maryland, USA
- MEDIUM ROASTED: Medium-roast ground coffee inspired by Maine
- BOLD FLAVORS: Discover America one cup at a time with the wholesome goodness of delicious blueberries
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: 100% Arabica beans for premium quality and taste, Kosher certified
When it comes to choosing coffee beans that have a unique flavor, then you need to try this blueberry flavored coffee, I thought it sounded quite odd but had to give it a try!
The Eight O’Clock Coffee company delivers some wholesome goodness with a yummy blueberry hint and honestly makes for great tasting coffee.
It is artificially flavored, like most flavored coffees, however the flavors have been blended with 100% premium Arabica coffee beans which is a plus. It has some of the best coffee flavors your taste buds can endure.
The flavor is great and the scent is not that overpowering and although it is artificially flavored I could not tell the difference.What’s more is it makes for one of the best flavored coffee drinks, hot or cold!
#6 - Gevalia Vanilla Flavored Coffee
- Six 12 oz. bag of Gevalia Vanilla Flavored Ground Coffee
- Gevalia Vanilla Flavored Ground Coffee provides the perfect care for the perfect cup
- Our vanilla flavored mild roast ground coffee releases an aroma to fill your home
- Each bag is crafted from Arabica coffee beans sourced from around the world
Another great tasting coffee are these vanilla flavored coffee beans which are undeniably one of the best flavored coffees!
Gevalia impressed us with this vanilla flavored ground coffee and it has a smooth rich vanilla blend with a luscious buttercream texture that seems to last. I would say that it is definitely dependent on the type of milk you use to achieve this texture.
The brand does promise coarse grind, which is perfect for cold brew coffee however I have found that the grind is inconsistent and will lead to a low quality cold brew beverage.
#7 - AmazonFresh French Vanilla Coffee
- Fragrant medium-light roast with a full vanilla flavor
- Three 12-ounce bags of ground coffee
- 100% Arabica coffee grown in Central and South America
- Roasted and packed in the U.S.A.
If you're on a budget and looking for cheap flavored coffee beans then you need to try this french vanilla flavored coffee. The French Vanilla Flavoured coffee comes in a 12-ounce, medium roast ground coffee which has been roasted and infused with reminiscent notes of vanilla.
These beans are grown and harvested in South America, but roasted and packaged in the United States to ensure the utmost quality.
There are many other flavors that are offered by AmazonFresh but this is by far the most popular amongst Amazon shoppers.
#8 - Volcanica Caramel Crunch
Volcanica offer top quality coffee and another best flavored coffee beans is this flavored beans has to be the caramel crunch which is blended with sweet caramel coffee and chocolate flavor, which combines to produce the most alluring taste and aroma of flavored coffee.
Made from 100% Arabica coffee and medium roasted, ground coffee which allows for the true flavor to come through at a remarkable taste.
This is perfect for any day.
#9 - Seattle’s Best Toasted Hazelnut Coffee
- Seattle's Best Coffee has a new look but the same premium beans, specially roasted for a smooth taste
- Our Toasted Hazelnut Flavored Coffee is sweetly aromatic with nutty notes of roasted hazelnut
- Our recommendation for a great cup of Seattle’s Best Coffee is 1 tbsp (5 gram) of ground coffee for every 6 fluid ounce (180 milliliter) of water
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
Seattle’s Best Coffee flavored with toasted hazelnut gives you a nice nutty taste and aromatic scent!
Not as sweet as the Volcanica Hazelnut coffee, but still just as good! Crafted with premium beans that are specially roasted for a really smooth taste.
Seattle recommends using 1 tablespoon of ground coffee for every 6 fl. Oz of water to get the most balanced coffee strength and flavor.
If you’re like me and like it strong, try 1.5 tablespoons with the same volume of water, however the hazelnut flavor starts to drown out with the strength of the coffee. Not bad flavored coffee grounds, but certainly not the worst.
#10 - New England Coffee French Vanilla Flavored
- French Vanilla Coffee: Smooth and sweet French vanilla flavor combines with our signature blend of 100% Arabica coffee for our medium roast French Vanilla coffee.
- Ground Coffee: Made of 100% Arabica coffee. Gluten free and Certified Kosher ground coffee. Use only fresh water when brewing the coffee grounds for smooth taste and flavor
- Small Batch Roast: Sourced from the finest coffee growing regions, our premium coffees are always 100% Arabica coffee beans, which are small-batch roasted for consistently balanced flavor every time.
- Family Tradition: For more than 100 years, New England Coffee has roasted our premium coffee the same time tested way right in New England. So you can count on deliciously consistent flavor cup after cup, sip after sip.
Flavored coffee can be enjoyed in almost any flavor, but when it comes to our favorite pick French vanilla flavored coffee can be crowned a king amongst others.
If you love a rich and creamy coffee, that has a caramelized undertone then you need to try New England french vanilla flavored coffee.
This flavored ground coffee is sure to send taste buds through the moka pot lid and coming back asking for more and is a good coffee bean to buy.
Ultimate Buyers Guide to Picking the Best Flavored Coffee
Buying flavored coffee can be a challenging task for a lot of people! After all, you may think you love one flavor of beans or ground coffee, but then it can turn out to dissapoint you. Forever putting you off this flavor for life possibly.
That's why we wanted to help you find the best flavored coffee by creating a buyers guide to flavored coffee that can help you pick a decent flavor.
Flavored Coffee Beans or Flavored Grounds?
With so many flavors for coffee it's very simple to have high expectations of what flavored coffee can taste like. Our best tip at getting top flavored coffee is to go for coffee beans instead of grounds.
Although ground flavored coffee are ready to be used in pour over coffee makers, french press or even as a cold brew they often don't have decent tones to them.
This is because the coffee bean, which absorbed most of the flavor during the flavoring process, was factory ground and then stored. When coffee beans are ground the true flavor is unlocked that instant, so it is best to choose flavored coffee beans than grounds.
Recommended Article: Enticing Decaf Coffee Beans for Cold Brew
How are Coffee Beans Actually Flavored?
Coffee beans are typically harvested, then roasted into about 3 different roast types ranging from light to dark colored beans. The roasting process is generally the dehydration of the beans and the chemical change the beans undertake, that make them ready for a brew.
Flavoring of coffee beans is done after the cooling process, so once the beans are cooled to a reasonable temperature they are ready for flavoring.
The flavoring process of coffee beans is when extract flavors are infused with a solvent into the beans, the beans are then warmed to allow absorption of this flavor and then they are shaken to allow distribution. Flavors can range from just about anything from vanilla, hazelnut or even blueberry!
This is usually done in a commercial environement and it leads to amazing flavored coffee that is often sugar free and low in calories. However, if you want to try and flavor your own coffee beans, check out the video below.
Flavored Coffee Facts | What you Should Know!
Now that we have covered a lot of background about flavored coffee beans, including the top 10 coffee beans, you may have some burning questions about flavored coffee in general.
We decided to trawl forums to search around for some common flavored coffee questions that may need answering. So we've compiled our research below, and if there's anything missing then feel free to reach out to us.
What is flavored coffee?
As we mentioned in our ultimate buyers guide, flavored coffee is the process of adding a flavoring extract to already roasted coffee beans.
After the beans are dried and cooled a specific flavor is infused into the coffee beans by a a flavoring process typically undertaken in a roasting environment.
The end result is a an infused sugar free flavor, that has low calories, with a base undertone of the origins of the beans.
For example if the beans have natural undertones of chocolate and it has been infused with vanilla, the vanilla aroma and taste will be evident, but so will minor undertones of chocolate.
However the base undertones are only evident when brewing a specific way, for example a flavored espresso will be different to a flavored french press coffee.
Which coffee flavor is the best?
In our opinion usually a french vanilla or a hazelnut flavored coffee is typically the best coffee flavor. This is because these flavors generally resonate really well with the natural tones of coffee beans.
By closely matching the flavor of the coffee with the base undertones you'll only be enhancing the flavor of the coffee, instead of trying to mix flavors that don't go well with the bean tones.
Is flavored coffee sweetened?
Flavored coffee beans that are prepared by roasters are generally not artificially sweetened, as they use oils and extracts to get the desired coffee flavor.
As a result the coffee is sugar free and low calorie, just like having any other black coffee! On the flip side, there are artificially flavored coffees, which are extremely sweet in nature.
These sweetened flavored coffee have some calories to them and contain many sugars! These are typically drinks like latte vanilla sachets, which we have not recommended here, so be sure to read the packaging information.
Recommended Article: Best Pumpkin Spice Coffee to Try for Fall
How bad is flavored coffee for you?
Like regular coffee, flavored coffee beans prepared by a roaster too has many benefits to drinking it, and thus is not considered bad for you.
Are flavored coffee beans keto friendly?
Flavored coffee beans are low in calories, fat and carbs which makes them ideal for a keto diet. When you add creamers or milk to a black flavored coffee, this is when it does not become a keto friendly drink.
Final Thoughts on the Best Flavored Coffee
That’s my list of the flavored coffee brands that I recommend you try. There are more flavors than this, but I only wanted to cover ones I’ve tried or have been recommended by others.
Our top coffee flavor choice has to be Volcanica’s Hazelnut Flavored Coffee, which is really affordable and offers a great nutty taste.
If you’re not into nuts, then the runner up has to be Lifeboost Cinnamon Cappucino, which is equally just as good in my opinion.
Until next time, happy caffeinating.