Sick and tired of spending too much time trying to be a good barista with your semi-automatic espresso machine and now just want the best super automatic espresso machine under 1000?
Well, you’ve come to the right place because we’ll be sharing our review of the best home automatic espresso machines that will take the pain out of grinding beans and frothing milk, which all requires a bit of skill.
If you’re like us, and just want good quality barista grade espresso, latte or cappuccino but always running short on time to make it, then you need to get yourself a fully automatic espresso machine.These machines are great, they have the power to make espresso, latte’s, cappuccinos and more with the push of a button. Some are obviously better than others, and today we’ll be looking at the 6 best super automatic espresso machines for under 1000!
At a Glance of Best Super Automatic Coffee Machine
De'Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso & Coffee Machine, Silver
Philips 3200 Series Fully Automatic Espresso Machine w/ Milk Frother, Black, EP3221/44
Jura A1 Super Automatic Coffee Machine, 1, Piano Black
Gaggia Anima Prestige Automatic Coffee Machine, Super Automatic Frothing for Latte, Macchiato, Cappuccino and Espresso Drinks with Programmable Options
De'Longhi ESAM04110S Magnifica Fully Automatic Espresso Machine with Manual Cappuccino System Silver
Philips 2200 Series Fully Automatic Espresso Machine w/ Milk Frother, Black, EP2220/14
Top Pick: Best Super Automatic Espresso Machine Under 1000
Editors Rating :
Looking for high quality barista grade espresso or cappucino's with the push of a button?
The De'Longhi ESAM3300 super automatic espresso machine is what you need to get.
Finally a super automatic espresso machine with an innovative patended "cappuccino system" which can deliver barista grade espresso and latte's or cappucino's at the push of a button!
This is one super automatic espresso machine that every home needs to have, read our full review of the De'Longhi ESAM3300 machine below.
#1 - De’Longhi ESAM3300 Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8 ounces.Coffee grounds container- 14 cups or after 72 hours from first use. Maximum cup height- 4.25 inches
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented, compact and easy-to-clean "Direct-to-Brew" system. Use your favorite coffee beans to create your perfect espresso. Beans with less visible oil, usually a medium roast, are recommended for best grinder performance
- MAINTENANCE: De’Longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly. The machine does not deliver coffee, but only water is caused due to ground coffee may be blocked in the funnel. Remove the ground coffee inside the funnel, using a plastic knife. Then clean the infuser and the inside of the machine. If machine is noisy refer manual; Energy Saving: With 3 hour automatic shut off
The De'Longhi ESAM3300 is one of the best super automatic espresso machine for under 1000 that every home or small office needs. Fresh whole beans can be added to the machine as it has a built in stainless steel burr grinder. Which will grind your beans for your espresso.
What we really liked about this machine is that it also had an option to add pre-ground coffee into the machine, which is good because you can have decaffeinated coffee in one holder and a bean of your choice in the other.
Unfortunately, the biggest downfall of this machine was that it didn't have a built in steam wand but it did have a milk frother which was a bonus.
It can make espresso, cappuccino, lattes, also pour hot water and make americano's as well. Since the machine holds the grounds, and doesn't use a portafilter, the extraction process is slightly different.
#2 - Philips 3200 Series Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- Enjoy 4 coffees at your fingertips, makes espresso, hot water, coffee, Americano, Espresso Lungo
- Intuitive touch display, frequency: 60 hertz
- Adjust aroma strength and quantity
- 12-step grinder adjustment
On Par with the De'Longhi ESAM3300 is this sleek philips 3200 fully automatic espresso and coffee maker. To be honest, I was shocked when I saw this by Philips, because I never new they made coffee makers.
We had to add it into this best coffee machine review as it had some pretty cool features. Boasting the ability to enjoy 4 types of drinks at the push of a button you can't go wrong.
Making espresso, hot water, regular coffee, Americano and even Espresso Lungo, it isn't bad for the same price as the previous machine.
This machine also holds the beans within the inside of the machine, and there is also an additional slot for placing grounds which is good. The other added benefit of this machine is that it had a digital display panel.
What we loved about this machine is that by having a digital display panel is really a good idea, because it allows you to select grind size, volume and also temperature besides the drink selection.
The downside of this machine is it uses ceramic flat grinders, which can heat really quickly and dissipate some of those essential oils in the coffee bean.
#3 - Jura A1 Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 3 barista quality specialties including ristretto, espresso and coffee at the touch of a button - coffee only
- PERFECT ESPRESSO: Ultimate coffee quality thanks to JURA's exclusive Pulse Extraction Process
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Fast and precise AromaG3 grinder grinds whole beans to the optimum fineness
- : JURA is always freshly ground, not capsuled - fresh taste with very limited waste - single serve machine
If you're not really into latte's or cappuccino's and just want a fully automatic espresso machine, that can make espresso's on the fly at much better quality than a Nespresso machine, then you need to get the Jura A1.
It allows you to prepare 3 barista grade quality specialties which include ristretto, espresso and just ordinary black coffee at the push of a single button.
With a generous 37 fluid ounce water tank and a more than enough 4.4 ounce bean container, you can't go wrong with this machine that brews freshly ground espresso.
What we loved about this machine was that it was a nice little super automatic espresso machine that can fit on any kitchen counter, which produced the most amazing espresso shots.
Our biggest dislike was the price, hovering just under 1000 we thought it may have a little bit more feature to it, like a digital display panel. However, Jura are regarded as a brand that produces quality componentry and espresso at the same time.
#4 - Gaggia Anima Super Automatic Coffee Machine
- ONE TOUCH BREWING AND FROTHING: Bean-to-cup feature with automatic milk frothing for cappuccinos, macchiatos and lattes. Power Cord Length : 48 inches
- PROGRAMMABLE: Programmable brewing options for lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos and espresso;Steam Wand: Cappuccinatore; Capacity beans container: 250 g
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: 3 different temperature settings. Min/177.5 ?F, Med/182.9 ?F, Max/184.5 ?F
- EASY ACCESS TO WATER RESERVOIR AND BEAN HOPPER: Features a removable 60 oz water reservoir that can be accessed on the top left of the machine, and an 8.8 ounce capacity bean hopper with access from the top right of the machine.Pump pressure:15 Bar
Gaggia Anima is an excellent choice for having the best espresso machine under 1000 and does so with the click of a button.
This super automatic espresso machine allows for one touch brewing and frothing, meaning it has automatic milk frothing and doesn't require you to froth your own milk.
There are several programmable brew options for all the specialty drinks such as latte's, cappuccino's and even the espresso. What's more is that even the temperature of the brew can be adjusted over 3 different control settings.
What we loved about the Gaggia Anima was that it was packed with features, having the option to customize a drink from an automatic espresso machine is a must. The Gaggia does this quite well.
What we disliked about this machine was that although it had automatic milk frothing function, we thought it wasn't as fine tuned as it should be. Comparing the ESAM3300, we believe the Gaggia was sub-par when it came to milk frothing.
#5 - De’Longhi ESAM04110S Magnifica Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- Thermo Block technology provides excellent heat distribution
- Integrated burr grinder with adjustable settings
- Consistent brewing every time
- Patented cappuccino system frother
Next up from the ESAM3300 is this next model from De'longhi, which is the ESAM04110S Magnifica espresso machine.
With similiar features to the best super automatic espresso machine under 1000 (ESAM3300), there are a couple more worth noting.
The one thing that sets this machine apart from our winner is the Thermo block technology, which allows for better head distribution. Meaning espresso's or milk based drinks will come out even better than before.
What we loved about this machine is that it had the ability to adjust the amount of water and ground's used for each shot, which gives the user some customization.
Our biggest dislike was that the machine turned off automatically to save power. Not the biggest let down, and most likely considered a positive for some coffee drinkers.
#6 - Philips 2200 Series Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- Easy selection of your coffee with intuitive touch display, makes espresso, hot water and coffee
- From fine to coarse thanks to the 12 step grinder adjustment
- 20,000 cups of finest coffee with durable ceramic grinders
- Keep your beans fresh longer thanks to the aroma seal
A step down from the Philips 3200 is this budget super automatic espresso machine which is the Philips 2200.
Allowing you to customize your brew with fine to coarse grounds, with it's amazing 12 step grinder adjustment and water volume control.
What we loved about this machine was that it was very straight forward to use. From taking it out of the box to brewing our first shot was less than 15 minutes. Every other time after this was just a couple of minutes. So it does have a short learning curve.
Our biggest dislike about this machine over the 3300 was the placement of the coffee grounds container, which was inconveniently placed.
4 Benefits of The Best Super Automatic Espresso Machine
Superautomatic espresso machines are seriously one of the best coffee machine inventions that are quite innovative. There are many benefits to having a fully automatic machine, which could really improve your lifestyle if you drink coffee on a daily basis:
- Consistent Results Each Time: With fully automatic coffee machines you make espresso, latte’s, cappuccino’s and more with pre-programmed settings. This means each and every time you hit that button to make an espresso, it will deliver you consistent results over the lifespan of the machine.
- Perfect for Beginners: Super automatic espresso machines are considered beginner friendly, meaning there is no steep learning curve. Simply push a button and your drink is produced.
- Easy to Clean: Nearly all super automatic espresso machines are simple and easy to clean. They usually have settings that allow you to do a maintenance clean with the push of a button. All you need to do is use the proper descale solution and you’re good to go.
- Saves you Time: With a super automatic machine, your lattes or cappuccinos could be prepared while you’re getting ready for work or using your time to make a meal.
The Ultimate Buyers Guide to Choosing a Good Super Automatic Espresso Machine
With the best super automatic espresso machine under 1000 out of the way, you’re probably wondering which one will be best suited for you.
There are a couple of aspects to think about when purchasing a top fully automatic espresso machine for your home or small office. That’s where we can help you, find the best one for you.
Below is our ultimate buyers guide to choosing a good superautomatic espresso machine that will fit your needs.
Drink Selection and Customization
Most fully automatic espresso machines have a variety of drinks they can prepare, such as espresso in single or double shot, latte's, cappuccinos and some fancier ones that are machine dependent.
One thing that you’ll need to keep in mind when buying the best super automatic espresso machine under 1000 is to know whether you want to customize these drinks from the preset functions.
Customization can include, changing the brew time, increasing the strength of the espresso, changing the volume of milk or even the amount of froth.
Not all machines can do this, so do keep this in mind when buying a super automatic coffee machine.
Recommended Article: Best Latte Cups for Seriously Good Lattes
Built in Grinder with Bean Storage
All the machines we’ve listed in our super automatic espresso machine have built in burr grinders and bean hoppers.
A bean hopper is just a storage unit within the machine that holds fresh coffee beans!
There are cheaper super automatic espresso machine’s that don’t have built in bean grinders, but this is where we like to say the line has been drawn between semi-automatic and super-automatic machines!Because, if the machine does not have a built in grinder or bean hopper, then it most likely requires you to freshly grind beans. Which is more of a hands on approach, that is required of semi-automatic espresso machines.
Automatic Milk or Manual Frother
Having milk steamed and frothed automatically is one of the biggest perks when it comes to a fully automatic espresso machine.
This takes away the pain of having to figure out what froth settings are “just right” when trying to make a latte.
Most automatic espresso machines come with an automatic milk frother, but do keep in mind that some machines will have a manual frother.
Volume of Water Tank
One of the main things we hear from friends and colleagues is that they never considered how many drinks they’ll be brewing throughout the day or over the course of two days.
Having a large volume water tank capable of a capacity of larger than 40 fluid oz is ideal in our opinion.
This will allow enough leeway from constant water refilling, which can become a problem over time.
Ease of Cleaning
Another thing to think about is how difficult it is to clean a super automatic espresso machine.
One of our main items we need an espresso machine to have is the ability to clean itself somehow. This can be with pre-programmed settings, and all you need to do is add a descale solution to the machine.
Over time an espresso machine will need to be cleaned, this can include the following:
- Steam wand: try getting a machine that can self purge. This is a feature that on completion of steaming milk, blows hot water and steam out of the steam wand. It can lead to better overall hygiene of the steam wand.
- Drip Tray: A removable drip tray is a must, this is because milk and water is caught by it. Over time it can become a watery/milky solution that can smell. Removing the drip tray and washing with warm water and a bit of soap makes them like new again.
- Cleaning of Plumbing: A machine that has a built in function to descale it, is very essential to the prolonged lifespan of the machine. So consider this.
The price of the super automatic coffee machine is dependent on what features you want in the machine, and ability to make various coffee recipes.
It all boils down to your budget and you should definitely consider getting a super automatic coffee machine that can last over 5 years! So if you’re $100 or $200 short from getting the machine you really want and need, then consider waiting a bit till you can afford it.
Fully Automatic Espresso Machine FAQ’s
Now that we’ve covered our ultimate buyers guide to the top super automatic espresso machine, you probably have a few questions you would love answered.
We trawled through forums and google to find some common questions that we’re hoping will provide a solid answer for you.If not, feel free to reach out to us so that we can update this with more FAQ’s about fully automatic espresso machines.
What is the Best Super Automatic Coffee Machine?
The top super automatic espresso machine for under $1000, is the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Super Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine.
This super automatic machine produces barista grade espresso each and every time your ready to have a drink. It has a generous 8.8 ounces bean capacity container, which grinds beans on demand with its integrated burr grinder.
In our opinion it is the best super automatic espresso machine under 1000 that is highly commended by many.
Who makes the best super automatic espresso machine?
If you have a budget that far exceeds 1000, then we recommend getting a Jura espresso machine.
Jura machines are highly recommended as being made to a high market calibre, and the parts on these machines are next to none.
Besides being built with premium components, the espresso and milk based drinks it produces are of premium barista grade quality.
However, their entry machine is the Jura A1 Super Automatic Coffee Machine which falls within the budget of this article. Other top of the line Jura espresso automatic machines can range from $1,400 to $6,000!
Why do I need a fully automatic espresso machine?
The main reason many people opt for a fully automatic espresso machine is because of the convenience these machines have to their name.
Producing high premium quality espresso and milk based drinks of barista quality, it is considered as the next step up from pod espresso makers.
Just like semi-automatic espresso machines, these machines will brew espresso and extract the full tasting notes and aroma’s of any espresso beans you use.
Recommended Article: Accessory Ideas for Your Home Coffee Bar
So to wrap up the best super automatic espresso machine under 1000 our top pick is the De’Longhi ESAM3300!
Producing barista grade espresso, and milk based drinks this machine will save you hours of fluffing around for the same price as some top quality semi-automatic espresso machines.
Until next time, happy caffeinating.